+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017)

Dango

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
9-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
16-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
19-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
22-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-May-2015
Hello all, I was filling out the document checklist for Sponsors and item number #27 asked for "Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017)".

My wife went to a medical examination with an authorized Panel Physician but after the medical exam she did not receive the IMM 1017 form, instead they told her they would send any relevant info directly to the CIC for her. But on the Sponsor checklist it clearly asks for a signed copy of IMM 1017. I also read the following from a website online:

For the purpose of sponsoring a Member of the Family Class, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires you to mail the IMM 1017 Form as proof that the medical examination took place with an authorized Panel Physician.

In other words, the IMM 1017 Form, also known as Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary, is the "proof" you are looking for. This form is one page long and you will have to mail the corresponding IMM 1017 Forms not only for the sponsored person, but also for their family members (dependants), if any.

We obtained this form directly from the Panel Physician that examined my wife. We didn’t have to provide a blank form for the doctors to fill. They handled this form to my wife at the end of the medical examination.
So now I am confused, did the authorized medical examiner already send this form to the CIC and if so do I check the checkbox on the Document Checklist? Or do we have to contact the medical examiner and see if they have a copy of this form to be included in our application package?

Thanks so much in advance!

Dango

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
the panel physician was suppose to give her a piece of paper called "emedical" receipt. it would have had her picture, passport # and personal info on it. while the doctor sends the record electronically to CIC, they are suppose to give this piece of paper to the applicant so CIC can locate the information in the system. if your wife did not receive this form, then she needs to call the office and ask them to print one out for her. tell them she needs to have the "emedical" receipt printed out so it can be inlcuded in the applicaiton. it doesn't matter how they send the results, she has every right to receive this receipt from them. if they refuse to comply, then report the office to CIC and let them know you are doing so.

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
"on the Sponsor checklist it clearly asks for a signed copy of IMM 1017"

Some posters around here think the sponsor checklist is the Final Word and read it very literally but I'm not one of them. You only need to submit an original IMM1017B signed by a Panel Physician IF the physician does not have E-medical capability. In this case, it sounds like the physician can and did submit the form electronically. HOWEVER, you still need to include the E-Medical "information sheet" in your submission. If should have a EMI number and bar code on it and should have been given to her by the physician as a sort of receipt or proof that the medical was done. She needs to scan that "information sheet" and send it to you if you're not currently together.

UPDATE: I see that rhcohen2014 has replied above with yet more details.

Dango

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
9-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
16-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
19-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
22-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-May-2015
Oh, thank goodness.

We do have that emedical receipt, thank you very much for the prompt and helpful answers rhcohen and BrianDell, much appreciated!

mann0001

Oct 5, 2016
i receive a MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY which is required for the Doctor during medical.
but in this form they wrote wrong DOB. What should I do. As we are not able to contact with CIC.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mann0001 said:
i receive a MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY which is required for the Doctor during medical.
but in this form they wrote wrong DOB. What should I do. As we are not able to contact with CIC.
You can't contact them by calling the call centre or Case Specific Enquiry? CSE: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Hello Seniors,

Need your kind advice please. I have been asked by CIC to undergo a medical exam within 30 days. The form they provided is IMM 1017 E to be filled.

My confusion is that there is no section on MyCIC where I can upload the confirmation slip this time (earlier they provided options for uploading). Is it normal? Am I supposed to send the slip by email or CSE or just expect the Physician to send it timely and accurately to them?

Also, since I added my wife in the existing application, they must need medical report of my wife as well. While submitting other docs, we underwent upfront emedical for her and submitted the same. In the emedical request received this time, the IMM 1017 E form just indicates my name and details in the rows. Does that mean that my wife's emedical is taken care of/no longer required to undergo again?

Please help.

Regards,
Baldev Asnanie

Upasana

Mar 27, 2019
Hello Seniors,

Need your kind advice please. I have been asked by CIC to undergo a medical exam within 30 days. The form they provided is IMM 1017 E to be filled.

My confusion is that there is no section on MyCIC where I can upload the confirmation slip this time (earlier they provided options for uploading). Is it normal? Am I supposed to send the slip by email or CSE or just expect the Physician to send it timely and accurately to them?

Also, since I added my wife in the existing application, they must need medical report of my wife as well. While submitting other docs, we underwent upfront emedical for her and submitted the same. In the emedical request received this time, the IMM 1017 E form just indicates my name and details in the rows. Does that mean that my wife's emedical is taken care of/no longer required to undergo again?

Please help.

Regards,
Baldev Asnanie
hey, we just got the same request today!
was the slip needed to be submitted or the physicians sent it?
did u receive ppr?