+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEDICAL QUESTION

eyoatam

Sep 20, 2015
HEY GUYS

I SEE THAT IT IS NECESSARY TO UNDERGO MEDIC EXAM FOR EE...BUT WILL DISEASES LIKE DIABETES THAT ARE NOT COMMUNICABLE MAKE ONE FAIL TO IMMIGRATE??
PLEASE ANSWER ME THIS

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Typically having diabetes shouldn't be a problem. But it depends on the seriousness of the diabetes. If someone with diabetes has early signs of kidney failure (for example) - it's possible they could be refused.

th1nk1n

Jan 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2016
Offspring of diabetic patients have a 50% chance of inheriting it. but it is not 100% or as you rightly said communicable.
Comparing the proportions of the world with Diabetes patients, I don't think it is a huge determining factor as to the refusal for PR.

I believe cic has its list of checks which they complete beforehand in the EE.
As such the urine and blood is tested for various factors and markers even for cancer and autism if you believe the articles and various blogs on the topic.

Compared to them I think this should be ok.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eyoatam said:
HEY GUYS

I SEE THAT IT IS NECESSARY TO UNDERGO MEDIC EXAM FOR EE...BUT WILL DISEASES LIKE DIABETES THAT ARE NOT COMMUNICABLE MAKE ONE FAIL TO IMMIGRATE??
PLEASE ANSWER ME THIS
Diabetes should be under control. HbA1c <= 6.5. No sign of kidney (or any organ including eye) failure.

ahshuvo

Mar 7, 2016
Hi All,

I had applied for Canadian Immigration on 2004 and got was rejected @ the final stage (after providing my landing fee) on 2011. During the medical test my younger son was traced with mild autism. I submitted all relevant papers that he is going to a regular school and his result is extra ordinary. Also I signed a deed that I'll support my son and will not ask for any help from Canadian Government. But still they rejected. My question is can I apply now with the new system, or having my previous records will they reject again? If any one have similar experience please share.

Thanks

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
eyoatam said:
HEY GUYS

PLEASE ANSWER ME THIS
I am diabetic and I passed my medicals. Don't worry!

th1nk1n

Jan 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2016
ahshuvo said:
Hi All,

I had applied for Canadian Immigration on 2004 and got was rejected @ the final stage (after providing my landing fee) on 2011. During the medical test my younger son was traced with mild autism. I submitted all relevant papers that he is going to a regular school and his result is extra ordinary. Also I signed a deed that I'll support my son and will not ask for any help from Canadian Government. But still they rejected. My question is can I apply now with the new system, or having my previous records will they reject again? If any one have similar experience please share.

Thanks
ahshuvo, I had recently read somewhere that cic/ircc reject such cases regularly and discussion on such a decision making process.
Thus, speaking truthfully, my hopes are low.
If you are keen to apply, I suggest you should since there is a new government in place which is liberalistic in nature; but these minute rules are seldom modified without good reason.
I also recommend a letter to the Immigration Minister as well if possible to get attention to the matter.

N

newtoexpressentry

hossamo33 said:
I am diabetic and I passed my medicals. Don't worry!
I am diabetic so what should I answer for this question " Has xxxxx had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?" yes or no?