+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical: protein in urine

leah516

Dec 7, 2018
Good day.

I don't know how this far would go. I am for medical and just this year I am diagnosed with RTA Renal Tubular Acidosis. All my lab results in the past are normal but with the most recent lab result (dec 4, 2018) it shows my protein in urine is +1. And also my CO2 level in the blood is below normal... Will my medical gets denied? Or will it affect my medical results?

leah516

Dec 7, 2018
You will likely be asked for some further testing. Did you inform the doctor of your diagnosis?
Not yet because I have not done with my medical exam yet. I have to go first to my nephrologist. As of this time I'm seeking help as well online with regards to my condition. Thanks for your reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your approval will depend on your type of disease and also whether it is secondary to another disease like diabetes. Kidney function is an area of focus for the medial exam because it is quite prevalent especially in some of the most common immigrant populations applying to come to Canada and because the cost of dialysis and transplant are so high. If your blood tests are irregular anticipate that some more testing will likely be required. Best of luck.

leah516

Dec 7, 2018
Thanks canuck!
Anyway, I don't have diabetes or hypertension. My condition is RTA. And what if after the repeat tests, results are still not normal with my protein in urine and CO2? What will happen? Anyway I'm working working with my nephrologist with this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks canuck!
Anyway, I don't have diabetes or hypertension. My condition is RTA. And what if after the repeat tests, results are still not normal with my protein in urine and CO2? What will happen? Anyway I'm working working with my nephrologist with this
RTA is often triggered by another disease. Hopefully you may be able to get your results under control with a strict diet. If you require treatment the cost of your care will be calculate. If it is below 19K you should be approved. I would research medical inadmissibility.