Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
During the medical exam, my husband's X-ray was found to be abnormal and he was referred to do the sputum test for TB. However, the results of the test will only be ready after two months, which is later than our deadline to apply. Should we still go ahead and apply despite his result not being ready, or what is the proper thing to do in this case?

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
In my own opinion, there are 3 options

1. Decline the invitation and create a new profile to re-enter the pool. This would give you enough time to sort out all issues. Personally, I wouldn't go with this option.

2. Accept the invitation and go ahead and submit your application. This is assumed you have the medical summary sheet from designated e-medical agent and you have already completed all the tests recommended by the centre. I believe the medical centre forward your medical result to CIC themselves (weather pass or fail). Your role is prove to CIC you have submitted yourself for all recommended tests, subsequently upload the summary sheet given to you by the medical centre. Personally, this is the option I would explore. Only that your medical status may not get updated on CIC until the sputum test result comes out.

3. Hold on to the invitation and explore ways to accelerate the processing time of the test result . There has to be something you can do hasten the process,e.g fast-track fee, persuasion, etc. If you are risk averse, this might be the way to go.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
ibejiopad said:
In my own opinion, there are 3 options

1. Decline the invitation and create a new profile to re-enter the pool. This would give you enough time to sort out all issues. Personally, I wouldn't go with this option.

2. Accept the invitation and go ahead and submit your application. This is assumed you have the medical summary sheet from designated e-medical agent and you have already completed all the tests recommended by the centre. I believe the medical centre forward your medical result to CIC themselves (weather pass or fail). Your role is prove to CIC you have submitted yourself for all recommended tests, subsequently upload the summary sheet given to you by the medical centre. Personally, this is the option I would explore. Only that your medical status may not get updated on CIC until the sputum test result comes out.

3. Hold on to the invitation and explore ways to accelerate the processing time of the test result . There has to be something you can do hasten the process,e.g fast-track fee, persuasion, etc. If you are risk averse, this might be the way to go.
And of course, if you go with option 2, you may want to underpin your medicals with a comprehensive LOE

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Thank you!

I was hoping declining ITA is not necessary at this point.

Option 3 is not possible as the test itself takes three months. The cultures grow for 6 weeks :(

I guess option 2 is what I'll do. Thanks for the reminder about the LOE. Maybe it makes a difference. I don't have high hopes, but then again, you never know.

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Tocanadawego said:
During the medical exam, my husband's X-ray was found to be abnormal and he was referred to do the sputum test for TB. However, the results of the test will only be ready after two months, which is later than our deadline to apply. Should we still go ahead and apply despite his result not being ready, or what is the proper thing to do in this case?
I believe you can apply and only need to upload your confirmation of medical exam. CIC will know you are still waiting for the test and therefore your medical status will be in progress until they receive a final report from the panel physician that examined your husband. After you submit your application you will have to follow up with any instructions from your panel physician or further tests until your husband is declared free of health concerns.
Please go ahead and submit your application, no problems whatsoever.

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
If i were you..i will go for LOE and submit the report and explain the situation...one of my fren has problem in urine test and still her application is in process even after 5 and half month..cic mailed her to go medical twice and update on treatment..so u shd go ahead wth the ita..or you can wait for some more useful suggestion here...

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
i dont know actual..bt irs related to kidney..which can be seen through urine test..

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Our application has been full of problems since the very beginning but we are still pushing on, hoping for the best. I have thalassemia minor. Would that be a reason for inadmisibility? Anyone out there with the same thing who passed the medical?

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
I think you should be okay if the cost of managing the medical condition is not high, i.e, if you are not going to be a burden on the Canadian government.

For the record, I passed my medicals in spite of my own medical condition as well.

Finally, I would be happy, if you worry less about things you do not have control over. Your responsibility with medicals is to make yourself available for all tests recommended by the panel doctors & CIC, pay the appropriate medical fees and upload the e-medical information sheet at the point of submitting your application. The rest is between the panel doctor and CIC; we can only hope and pray for the best outcome.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
Our application has been full of problems since the very beginning but we are still pushing on, hoping for the best. I have thalassemia minor. Would that be a reason for inadmisibility? Anyone out there with the same thing who passed the medical?
Thalassemia minor is simply a genetic condition, meaning that if your mate carries the same gene, your children have a chance of having a serious disease (thalassemia major). Because thalassemia minor doesn't require expensive treatment, and isn't infectious, you should be fine. Active TB, on the other hand, is both infectious and expensive to treat.

I'm fairly sure that if your husband's sputum test is negative, indicating that he had TB in the past and it is now inactive, you will be fine.

You don't have to decline the invitation, as CIC will wait for the results of the medical tests to make a final decision. And, as someone else said, there's no sense in worrying about what you can't control. Here's hoping your husband passes the test!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Thank you all for your reassuring words! I really appreciate that. I lived my whole life with thalassemia without any issues and never even thought it could be a problem until i went for the medical and the doctor sounded like it is a concer. And that got me worried.

My husband never had TB nor he has any symptoms. In fact he has had this shadow on the lungs for years now. He had bronchitis in the past so we're hoping that's the cause.

Here's to good vibes and a positive outcome! :)

blaned33

Dec 2, 2016
Hi Tocanadawego

I am a thallasemia minor and I have my medical exam coming soon. Though it does not require any treatment/expense, but I am little stressed.
Would it be better idea to reveal to doctor that I am thallasemia minor(or it would not have any negative impact on my medicals). or it would be better not to tell to a doctor as it is a minor thing

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
blaned33 said:
Hi Tocanadawego

I am a thallasemia minor and I have my medical exam coming soon. Though it does not require any treatment/expense, but I am little stressed.
Would it be better idea to reveal to doctor that I am thallasemia minor(or it would not have any negative impact on my medicals). or it would be better not to tell to a doctor as it is a minor thing

Thanks
You need to declare your condition to the Panel Physician. Hiding it is misrepresentation.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
What canuck_in_uk said. You have to declare it if you don't want to be accused of misrepresentation.