+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Manager or Medical Doctor? --- Which NOC code?

Jun 10, 2018
Hello

I have a bachelor degree in dentistry , one year diploma in clinical dentistry , 3 years diploma of specialty in Orthodontics and a master degree in orthodontics , i have 9 years experience in saudi arabia as a dental polyclinic manager . can i apply under the NOC 0311 ???

Depends on your experience. Were ere just managing the clinic or seeing patients as well? If only managing and intend to do it in Canada also, then you could ahead it with the Code.

drraj

Jan 18, 2022
So here is the thing. As a doctor into Pharmaceutical Industry, I chose NOC Code 3131 & i got my ECA through WES. As I won't be requiring license to work in Pharmaceutical Industry. More details can be found here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29
Hi, did it work for you? I am working as medical advisor for 2.5years and confused about NOC. Also, can you please share duties and responsibilities you enlisted in reference letter while applying under 3131?

drraj

Jan 18, 2022
Dear all,

My partner is a medical doctor (a graduate from Faculty of Medicine) and the NOC for that is 3112 as far as I see.

However, he has never practiced clinical medicine, i.e. in a hospital. Since his graduation, he has been working in pharmaceutical industry as a Medical Manager/Medical Advisor. He has worked for big pharma companies. The job pre-requisites for these positions are always to be an MD in the country we currently reside...

When we browse the NOC site, according to his medical degree, he is classified as NOC 3112 "General practitioners and family physicians".

However, if we count his professional background (what he has done so far in pharma companies), he seems to be more fit in NOC 0125 "Other business services managers". His job responsibilities in his contracts resembles / almost matches the "main duties" listed on http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0125&ver=16. However, the example titles in NOC 0125 do not include health/pharma related positions, and we are confused.

As a note, although his job title (Medical Manager) seems relevant in NOC 0311 "Managers in health care", that code is reserved for chiefs of medicine, etc. These are hospital-based positions and would not reflect what he does.

To recap:

• 3112: Related to his education
  • 0125: Related to his professional career
  • 0311: Resemblance in job title only

Could you please advise us? Thank you.
Hi which NOC did you select finally? someone also suggested 3131 (duties match to some extent with Medical advisor)