+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Manager or Medical Doctor? --- Which NOC code?

Router

Sep 20, 2012
Istanbul
Category........
FSW
Dear all,

My partner is a medical doctor (a graduate from Faculty of Medicine) and the NOC for that is 3112 as far as I see.

However, he has never practiced clinical medicine, i.e. in a hospital. Since his graduation, he has been working in pharmaceutical industry as a Medical Manager/Medical Advisor. He has worked for big pharma companies. The job pre-requisites for these positions are always to be an MD in the country we currently reside...

When we browse the NOC site, according to his medical degree, he is classified as NOC 3112 "General practitioners and family physicians".

However, if we count his professional background (what he has done so far in pharma companies), he seems to be more fit in NOC 0125 "Other business services managers". His job responsibilities in his contracts resembles / almost matches the "main duties" listed on http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0125&ver=16. However, the example titles in NOC 0125 do not include health/pharma related positions, and we are confused.

As a note, although his job title (Medical Manager) seems relevant in NOC 0311 "Managers in health care", that code is reserved for chiefs of medicine, etc. These are hospital-based positions and would not reflect what he does.

To recap:

• 3112: Related to his education
  • 0125: Related to his professional career
  • 0311: Resemblance in job title only

Could you please advise us? Thank you.

Reactions: dixita5

dixita5

Oct 3, 2017
I have received my or using -

NOC 0311 "Managers in health care
I am MD pathologist and working as Medical manager at Roche Pharma silcince last 5 years

dixita5

Oct 3, 2017
I have received my or using -
-
NOC 0311 "Managers in health care
I am MD pathologist and working as Medical manager at Roche Pharma silcince last 5 years ....

Jun 10, 2018
@dixita5 Thanks for the response. However I had 2 queries -

1) NOC 0311 has no suitable title in its list that can be applied to Medical Advisor or Medical Manager in a pharmacetuical company and it mainly caters to the clinical branches. The JD of a Medical manager also doesn't quite match up with roles and responsibilities given under it. It however matches generically to NOC 1252. What are your views on it?

2)Secondly, did you get you ECA from WES or MCCEE ?

3) Lastly, I presume you are far ahead in your application filling process. How much of a difference the code selection actually makes?

maywaag

Jan 21, 2017
Hi friends,

My wife is a hospital management professional and working as Quality manager in a Hospital. Her responsibilities mainly include Quality checks, audits and accrediation related activities. I am a bit confused for the right noc. I feel it should be '0311' or 4165. Can anyone of you guide me on this?

Ojamal

Dec 5, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2015
Doc's Request.
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
17-01-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
Dear all,

My partner is a medical doctor (a graduate from Faculty of Medicine) and the NOC for that is 3112 as far as I see.

However, he has never practiced clinical medicine, i.e. in a hospital. Since his graduation, he has been working in pharmaceutical industry as a Medical Manager/Medical Advisor. He has worked for big pharma companies. The job pre-requisites for these positions are always to be an MD in the country we currently reside...

When we browse the NOC site, according to his medical degree, he is classified as NOC 3112 "General practitioners and family physicians".

However, if we count his professional background (what he has done so far in pharma companies), he seems to be more fit in NOC 0125 "Other business services managers". His job responsibilities in his contracts resembles / almost matches the "main duties" listed on http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=0&val1=0125&ver=16. However, the example titles in NOC 0125 do not include health/pharma related positions, and we are confused.

As a note, although his job title (Medical Manager) seems relevant in NOC 0311 "Managers in health care", that code is reserved for chiefs of medicine, etc. These are hospital-based positions and would not reflect what he does.

To recap:

• 3112: Related to his education
  • 0125: Related to his professional career
  • 0311: Resemblance in job title only

Could you please advise us? Thank you.

Hi

My wife's situation is exactly the same, can you please let me know what did you end up selecting ? and if it worked ?

Thank you

ayhab1982

Jan 31, 2019
hi guys
I have a bachelor degree in dentistry from Jordan and a 3 years diploma of specialty in orthodontics i completed in 2009 and in 2014 i completed my thesis for master degree in orthodontics from Lebanon.

I have been working as an administrator and medical director of a dental polyclinic(HEALTH CARE MANAGER) in Dammam ,Saudi Arabia since 2010
i Have AN IELTS OVERALL SCORE OF 7
DO I QUALIFY FOR IMMIGRATION UNDER PNP ?

Shah Miran

Feb 7, 2019
Hi......
As a doctor in pharmaceutical industry I am facing the same problem. Any one here who overcame the situation, please reply.

ayhab1982

Jan 31, 2019
@dixita5 Thanks for the response. However I had 2 queries -

1) NOC 0311 has no suitable title in its list that can be applied to Medical Advisor or Medical Manager in a pharmacetuical company and it mainly caters to the clinical branches. The JD of a Medical manager also doesn't quite match up with roles and responsibilities given under it. It however matches generically to NOC 1252. What are your views on it?

2)Secondly, did you get you ECA from WES or MCCEE ?

3) Lastly, I presume you are far ahead in your application filling process. How much of a difference the code selection actually makes?
Hello

I have a bachelor degree in dentistry , one year diploma in clinical dentistry , 3 years diploma of specialty in Orthodontics and a master degree in orthodontics , i have 9 years experience in saudi arabia as a dental polyclinic manager . can i apply under the NOC 0311 ???

ayhab1982

Jan 31, 2019
Your NOC always refers to your work experience and not to your education or questions.
Hello

I have a bachelor degree in dentistry , one year diploma in clinical dentistry , 3 years diploma of specialty in Orthodontics and a master degree in orthodontics , i have 9 years experience in Saudi Arabia as a dental polyclinic manager . can i apply under the NOC 0311 (health care manager) ???