+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Manager in Pharmaceutical Company

Jayeshshenoy

Jun 1, 2020
Dear all,

I am currently employed in pharmaceutical company as a Medical Manager with almost 3 Yrs Exp.
i am confused with few codes:-

0311- they talk about at the level of directors and chief of dept-hospital Based
0125- Other business services managers-.Professional services manager - business services
The job description fits mostly for 0311.

However I'm not getting a clear answer.

Please help if any one has any experience in this, may be can shed some light on any new code to check.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Answering questions about appropriate NOCs requires a detailed knowledge of job duties actually performed. Saying that you are a 'Medical Manager' does not provide enough information for anyone to advise you.

Reactions: Jayeshshenoy

Jayeshshenoy

Jun 1, 2020
@thevisawhisperer PFB the Job description :-

Contribute to the development of the Medical component of the Brand Strategy, and develop a Medical Plan for each assigned product, in support of the Brand Plans. Develop and implement therapeutic area specific medical plans and publication plans.
 Leading the management of IIS (clinical studies), phase IV clinical studies ensuring: proper documentation, contracts, oversight, payments, drug shipments, logistics.
 Leading the management of Grants & Sponsorships ensuring proper documentation, contracts and payment.
 Work with Senior Medical Advisor to develop the KOL and Stakeholder engagement plans in accordance with the overall strategic brand plans.
 Management of publications related to the brands.
 Liaison with Clinical Operations team to ensure optimal KOL development and support.
 Create and deliver brand training to the MSL team
 Provide or collaborate with the MSL team to develop scientific tools required for them to successfully perform their job (eg scientific platform content, presentation of new data, etc.).
 Contribute to the development, attend and present at appropriate meetings (advisory board meetings, investigator meetings, KOL meetings, CME meetings, etc.)
 Develop and maintain a good working relationship and interact directly with Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, other affiliates to understand global strategy and share best practices.
 Provide cross-functional therapeutic and product expertise to internal customers in both Dermatology and Thrombosis.
 Support the marketing and market access strategy for all the focus products by being a key member on cross functional teams.
 Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the therapy areas by reviewing the literature, discussions with Key Opinion Leaders and key stakeholders, participating in cross functional interactions, attending scientific congresses, etc.
 Maintain up to date clinical knowledge in appropriate therapeutic areas, and provide appropriate overall strategic and operational input.
 Review promotional materials and Regulatory documents for medical accuracy and compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations. .
 Develop presentation materials as required.
 Provide therapeutic area training as needed.
 Support the development/revision and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures as required.
 Ensure all Medical activities are compliant with appropriate SOP’s, Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and ICH guidelines.
 Participate in personal development and training sessions.
 Work in a safe manner that does not endanger yourself or co-workers.
 Strive to consistently uphold Pharma’s core values.
 Execute other duties as may be required by the Vice President Scientific Affairs and other members of Management team as training and experience allow.

Hope this helps for you to understand the role of a Medical Manager/Medical Advisor in Pharmaceutical company.

To also inform , I'm a registered Physician in India with an MD-Pharmacology as Masters.

However I've been working in the pharmaceutical company after my masters completed.

Regards.