+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical issues in examination after ITA recieved

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
During the medical exam done, I'm suspected to have TB - but doctors told this kind of TB isn't contagious. I'll be starting medication after all the test reports come. I've got an ITA , but haven't applied for PR visa yet. Can you tell me how should I proceed in this case? Do I need to mention anything in Letter of Explanation, if I submit the application now?
Also the medical center administration person told that if we continue to take treatment from that hospital, they continue to send the information of treatment in every two alternative months to the embassy. So, my emedical file will continue. But if I decline the invitation then will this emidical file can be used again later ? Please send details how I should proceed in my scenario and does IRCC gives time for complete treatment(medication recommended for 6 months- immediate relief is in around 2 months ). I've only 1.5 months more to accept my invite. If you are facing any similar scenario, do share your experiences.

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Go for complete disclosure with nothing minimized or inflated in your description.
Can you tell me what more information is required here . I've mentioned the suspected disease. I'll be undergoing treatment after all reports are out. I want to know should I continue my application and explain anything in LOE ? How does this impact the IRCC decisions ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Usually you will be required to finish treatment for TB and then prove that you no longer have TB before being approved for PR. Canada has very low levels of TB except on aboriginal reserves and refugees and they are trying to keep it that way.

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Usually you will be required to finish treatment for TB and then prove that you no longer have TB before being approved for PR. Canada has very low levels of TB except on aboriginal reserves and refugees and they are trying to keep it that way.
Hi , thanks for the reply . I'm aware I'll have to go through the complete course of treatment which is usually a medication of 6 months course. I'll be undergoing though that process and alongside the emedical reports will be sent at continuous 2 months interval . I'm totally willing to be cured properly in my homeland only. My main concern is whether I should submit my pr application right now ? Does ircc takes into account the time taken for treatment and keeps application on hold or will it get rejected directly? I've no intention to be in Canada before my treatment is done, but meanwhile should I start my pr application process - I need to be sure of the chances . Also ,kindly let me know in case I decide to submit my application then do I need to explain that the disease is non contagious and doesn't put excessive demands in the letter of explaination. I don't have any symptoms or sufferings - fever, coughing or pain because of which there's no need for hospitalisation as well. Kindly let me know your viewpoint. I appreciate your help a lot.