+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical issue

CanadaZizi

Jun 25, 2021
Hi,

I received medical request recently, however, was able to do appointment only after three weeks. Tried to call hospital in my home country, but they were very busy.

I decided to do medical exam myself before actual medical exam just to make sure all is alright and I don't need to worry, so I did x-ray etc. All was good.

After that I did my actual medical exam. All was fine, but they called me in the evening saying they have issues uploading my x-ray results on CD disk so that they send it to the visa officer. I asked what should I do and they said they don't know lol. They said they will try tomorrow.

Next day they called me and said they were able to upload it to CD disk. After two days, on friday evening I received my results, saying my x-ray does not look good. There was a small spot or something., which requires sputum test and another x-ray in three months lol

I was shocked. I am healthy and did a test just before and all was okay. I don't smoke, did double covid vaccination. Don't know honestly.

I think if there was no issue with that CD disk I would be okay with results, now I think there is something fishy about it.

Three months is a lot and I need to defer my studies, change plans etc.

What can I do? Can I ask them that maybe x-ray was not in a good quality due to their CD problem, maybe they uploaded someone else's results, I don't know.

And should I request to do it one more time instead of going to do that sputum test and wait three months for another x-ray?

Many thanks!

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi,

I received medical request recently, however, was able to do appointment only after three weeks. Tried to call hospital in my home country, but they were very busy.

I decided to do medical exam myself before actual medical exam just to make sure all is alright and I don't need to worry, so I did x-ray etc. All was good.

After that I did my actual medical exam. All was fine, but they called me in the evening saying they have issues uploading my x-ray results on CD disk so that they send it to the visa officer. I asked what should I do and they said they don't know lol. They said they will try tomorrow.

Next day they called me and said they were able to upload it to CD disk. After two days, on friday evening I received my results, saying my x-ray does not look good. There was a small spot or something., which requires sputum test and another x-ray in three months lol

I was shocked. I am healthy and did a test just before and all was okay. I don't smoke, did double covid vaccination. Don't know honestly.

I think if there was no issue with that CD disk I would be okay with results, now I think there is something fishy about it.

Three months is a lot and I need to defer my studies, change plans etc.

What can I do? Can I ask them that maybe x-ray was not in a good quality due to their CD problem, maybe they uploaded someone else's results, I don't know.

And should I request to do it one more time instead of going to do that sputum test and wait three months for another x-ray?

Many thanks!
You try get your x-ray or a more specific rapid test (if possible) from a reputed medical test centre in your area.

If you find it good and normal, then take these results along with old x-ray you did before the actual medical for canada and visit the doctor where you performed your medical for canada. You should also ask them what really happend that day. Also ask them if this CD related issue happend for anyone before.

Besides all, your study permit is not important than your health. Do it all for your health

CanadaZizi

Jun 25, 2021
You try get your x-ray or a more specific rapid test (if possible) from a reputed medical test centre in your area.

If you find it good and normal, then take these results along with old x-ray you did before the actual medical for canada and visit the doctor where you performed your medical for canada. You should also ask them what really happend that day. Also ask them if this CD related issue happend for anyone before.

Besides all, your study permit is not important than your health. Do it all for your health
I did before and they were good and normal. The problem is that they did their own x-ray and found a spot.

I am confused, I requested my x-ray from them, let's see if what they found true.

Reactions: powereng1982

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I did before and they were good and normal. The problem is that they did their own x-ray and found a spot.

I am confused, I requested my x-ray from them, let's see if what they found true.
Panel physicians are more strict than other hospitals or clinics. That’s why immigration only accepts results from their authorised panel physicians.

I also encountered the same when I was applying for my SP. I have annual check ups regularly and for the past 20 years had no problems whatsoever. But when I did my upfront medical, they also found a spot in my x-ray. So I have to complete the sputum test.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that just because they found an anomaly in your x-ray you have medical problem. Sometimes, they just want to make sure that you are really cleared. Be thankful that they are strict in medical. Imagine going to another country where you are not sure if there are lots of contagious people, both domestic and foreign.

In this forum you will find lots of applicants with the same predicament as you who eventually got their approvals. Btw, how come your panel physician is saving the results to to CDs? I don’t think its the CD program. If the CD is corrupted then the file cannot be read at all. You cannot read the file if you cannot open it.

CanadaZizi

Jun 25, 2021
Panel physicians are more strict than other hospitals or clinics. That’s why immigration only accepts results from their authorised panel physicians.

I also encountered the same when I was applying for my SP. I have annual check ups regularly and for the past 20 years had no problems whatsoever. But when I did my upfront medical, they also found a spot in my x-ray. So I have to complete the sputum test.

It doesn’t necessarily mean that just because they found an anomaly in your x-ray you have medical problem. Sometimes, they just want to make sure that you are really cleared. Be thankful that they are strict in medical. Imagine going to another country where you are not sure if there are lots of contagious people, both domestic and foreign.

In this forum you will find lots of applicants with the same predicament as you who eventually got their approvals. Btw, how come your panel physician is saving the results to to CDs? I don’t think its the CD program. If the CD is corrupted then the file cannot be read at all. You cannot read the file if you cannot open it.
Thank you for your response!

Yes, it is CD. They said the x-ray can be read only by special software and they send it though CD disk. That day they had problems with the disk and only on the next day they were able to upload it. Do you think something weird about it?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

Yes, it is CD. They said the x-ray can be read only by special software and they send it though CD disk. That day they had problems with the disk and only on the next day they were able to upload it. Do you think something weird about it?
Each file type is associated with a certain applications or softwares to open them. When they “burned” the file to an optical disk, did they verify if it can be opened or not? IMHO, its not the file itself. I think panel physician just want to make sure you are clear. Like mentioned before, they are more strict than our regular physicians.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada

Which country did you apply? For my medical, I was informed by the Dr one the same day that my x-ray is OK before I left the clinic. They uploaded it two days later and was updated in my IRCC account in one month.

CanadaZizi

Jun 25, 2021
Which country did you apply? For my medical, I was informed by the Dr one the same day that my x-ray is OK before I left the clinic. They uploaded it two days later and was updated in my IRCC account in one month.
It was in Kazakhstan. I find it very suspicious. We also don't have much choices - only two cities and one of them is closed due to emergency issue. However, for sputum test they allocated me to the medical clinic in the closed one, don't know who to trust now. Guess need to wait and do what they say, feel bad to waist time.

Reactions: powereng1982

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
It was in Kazakhstan. I find it very suspicious. We also don't have much choices - only two cities and one of them is closed due to emergency issue. However, for sputum test they allocated me to the medical clinic in the closed one, don't know who to trust now. Guess need to wait and do what they say, feel bad to waist time.
It ready feels bad. I pray that everything goes smooth for you.