+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Insurance for TRV

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Hello Friends,

I am almost on the verge of completing the application for TRV for my IL. While having discussion with few folks here in forum, I have been suggested to include medical insurance. Although its not a mandatory requirement for TRV but I see a value in it.

As my IL would be staying with us for almost 5 months, its worth having covered medically. What do you guys think about it? any suggestion?

Also, could you guys guide me to good insurance agent?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

They would have to buy an Overseas Travel Medical Insurance Policy from India that covers the Americas

My suggestion is to go for a policy that allows cancellations/change in travel dates.... for a small cost.... and the balance amount can be refunded, if required.

There are several insurance companies.... you may want to check Tata AIG..... they offer comprehensive cover..... the policy is flexible, easy to buy..... no hassles

If your in-laws are going to visit for 5 months then you may want to opt for a plan that gives a CAD 100,000 cover..... this, of course, will depend if they are eligible based on their age, etc

Hope this helps :)

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Thanks..I was more keen on buying Insurance from Canada for the fact that claim process is easier. Why would they care from where you have bought it? If you take a look as one of the requirement of Super Visa is to buy 100,000 CAD insurance from Canadian Insurance Company.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The premiums could be much higher if you buy it in Canada as compared to policies purchased in India

You can buy policies from a Canadian insurance company, if you prefer

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Yes its not mandatory but I think I am going for it for two reasons.
- I will have peace of mind as long as my parents are here. Its always good to have a medical insurance and especially when they are quite old.
- I am trying to make a strong case by saying that they will be taking care of their medical expenses in case required.

Thank you!

nexgenprise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Bryanna said:
The premiums could be much higher if you buy it in Canada as compared to policies purchased in India

You can buy policies from a Canadian insurance company, if you prefer
You are absolutely correct.