+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical instructions help

DeepG82

Aug 10, 2016
Hello,

I checked the case status for my wife's application online and it says correspondence and medical instructions sent on Aug 13 2018, but neither she nor the representative received anything.

I called IRCC and the agent said it was sent to the rep. I asked the agent if he could send a copy to my email address. He said he'd put in a request.I called the rep and he said nothing came.

The IRCC agent said just wait a couple of days and the medical has to be done in 60 days. My wife spoke to an immigration lawyer in India, and he said the medical has to be done in 30 days. Which is it?

My wife also called the NDVO but the agents just said they don't answer any question via phone and to email. Who knows how long it'll take them to respond, if at all!

Our case was originally refused and went to a successful full hearing. We have already had to wait almost 4 years so I don't want to wait longer because we didn't get documents.

Please help and tell me what I should do next.

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination
You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your immigration application.

How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination

Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your medical examination within the 30 day timeframe provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible for processing your application as soon as possible.

In the medical exam request letter from IRCC, you are usually asked to complete the Medical exam within 30 days and if you cannot within the 30 days, you need to inform the IRCC visa office processing your sponsorship application.

Will advice you (or your appointed a representative) send an email to NDVO regarding the medical exam correspondence.

DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Visa office in New Delhi, India

You (or your appointed a representative) may check your messages in the online account linked to the sponsorship application.

DeepG82

Aug 10, 2016
Doesn't my wife need a special document or something specific to my wife? Can she just walk into any Panel Physician and just say she needs a medical for visa purposes?

DeepG82

Aug 10, 2016
Thank you!

Neither I, wife, nor representative received anything. I called IRCC and asked them to send a copy to my email. I also emailed NDVO and mentioned the situation last night