+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical inadmissibility

Aug 3, 2021
Hi,

I see here mixed response from people regarding the disclosure of medical history during the medical exam. Some people suggesting not to disclose and some people suggesting we should disclose. Agree that if not disclosing it is a misrepresentation and the application can be rejected and may lead to a ban also.

My question is how IRCC or the PP find the medical history if the applicant is not disclosing it? For example previous cancer history which is in remission and taking only some mild medication. During the medical exam I think only physical exam, urine test, XRAY and a blood test for serum creatine only checked. So how the PP find the reality if the applicant is not disclosing?

Will it create any problem in the future after landing and applying for health card or something? I will sincerely declare my medical history but still eager to know what is the problem if not disclosing and how that will be problem after landed?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I see here mixed response from people regarding the disclosure of medical history during the medical exam. Some people suggesting not to disclose and some people suggesting we should disclose. Agree that if not disclosing it is a misrepresentation and the application can be rejected and may lead to a ban also.

My question is how IRCC or the PP find the medical history if the applicant is not disclosing it? For example previous cancer history which is in remission and taking only some mild medication. During the medical exam I think only physical exam, urine test, XRAY and a blood test for serum creatine only checked. So how the PP find the reality if the applicant is not disclosing?

Will it create any problem in the future after landing and applying for health card or something? I will sincerely declare my medical history but still eager to know what is the problem if not disclosing and how that will be problem after landed?
Technically the government can try to take away your PR if it is discovered that you arrived in Canada with an expensive medical condition. The government also reviews billing data for your use of Canadian healthcare.