+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical inadmissibility

JSTOOR

Aug 5, 2020
I Wish to apply under HCCP Pilot, Question is : My spouse had Kidney Transplant in 2007 in India & on Post Transplant Medication till date otherwise he is fit & fine & living healthy life.
Is this condition a Medical inadmissibility on Medical grounds or excessive demand on health ? Plz advize me before i go for apply.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I Wish to apply under HCCP Pilot, Question is : My spouse had Kidney Transplant in 2007 in India & on Post Transplant Medication till date otherwise he is fit & fine & living healthy life.
Is this condition a Medical inadmissibility on Medical grounds or excessive demand on health ? Plz advize me before i go for apply.
Thanks
You will have to look up the cost of his anti-rejection medication cost. The fact that the kidney transplant is almost 15 years old will also need to be considered. Will depend on why he needed to have a kidney transplant and if he has any other medical conditions. There is no national pharmacare plan so your family could end up paying quite a lot in medication costs. The other issue is that if his medical status changes you may not qualify for PR.

JSTOOR

Aug 5, 2020
You will have to look up the cost of his anti-rejection medication cost. The fact that the kidney transplant is almost 15 years old will also need to be considered. Will depend on why he needed to have a kidney transplant and if he has any other medical conditions. There is no national pharmacare plan so your family could end up paying quite a lot in medication costs. The other issue is that if his medical status changes you may not qualify for PR.
Medication cost calculated is almost 5000 CAD per year, & no other adverse medical condition till date. in this case can i go for apply....

JSTOOR

Aug 5, 2020
Medication cost calculated is almost 5000 CAD per year, & no other adverse medical condition till date. in this case can i go for apply....

JSTOOR

Aug 5, 2020
Is this condition a Medical inadmissibility on Medical grounds or excessive demand on health ? Plz advize me before i go for apply.Medication cost calculated is almost 5000 CAD per year, & no other adverse medical condition till date. in this case can i go for apply....
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is this condition a Medical inadmissibility on Medical grounds or excessive demand on health ? Plz advize me before i go for apply.Medication cost calculated is almost 5000 CAD per year, & no other adverse medical condition till date. in this case can i go for apply....
Thanks
You can apply. The issue isn’t the drug costs but they will look at whether your spouse will need another transplant in the future. If the panel physicians determine that he will need one at some point in his life, then yes, he may be medically inadmissible. There is no drug plan so you pay for that out of pocket or through work insurance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks
Have you looked at the Canadian cost per medication? that seems very low.

JSTOOR

Aug 5, 2020
You can apply. The issue isn’t the drug costs but they will look at whether your spouse will need another transplant in the future. If the panel physicians determine that he will need one at some point in his life, then yes, he may be medically inadmissible. There is no drug plan so you pay for that out of pocket or through work insurance.
Thanks Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes rates are verified from diffrent official Canadian online pharma sales.
Online pharma sales are not actually rates for Canada. Most of the companies aren't providing medication for Canadians. Would look at the eformulary for a province like Ontario.

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
Best advise in medical situations, is to hire legit Immigration Attorney who specializes in Medical inadmissibility. trust me its worth it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Best advise in medical situations, is to hire legit Immigration Attorney who specializes in Medical inadmissibility. trust me its worth it.
There are some conditions where the costs are so high there is a good chance even with a lawyer you will be refused. It is a good idea to get a ballpark figurewith the eformulary.

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
There are some conditions where the costs are so high there is a good chance even with a lawyer you will be refused. It is a good idea to get a ballpark figurewith the eformulary.
Not always. There are ways to navigate cost condition, in light of legal landscape.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not always. There are ways to navigate cost condition, in light of legal landscape.
Disagree. If your costs add up to higher than the allowed amount you will have a very hard time being approved. Many conditions have only one treatment available. There is no switching to a lower cost treatment on paper so you get approved or discontinuing medication or treatment.