+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical inadmissibility, Student visa, thyroid problems

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
I would like to ask question about medical inadmissibility.
Last month I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer (carcinoma papillary). Its a early stage and my doctor said that there's nothing to worry about as the surgery is already scheduled in September. My main concern is is as I want to apply for Canada student visa, after this surgery am I eligible for study permit or do I have to drop my plans of studying in Canada. Please guide me guys as I am very much tensed because of this situation. All help will be highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thyroid cancer is usually very treatable so yes a study permit is likely to be approved eventually. I would have the surgery and get stabilized on your thyroid hormone replacement medication. Would imagine after your health has been stabilized and that there is proof that your cancer is gone you can apply. Think it will just likely delay your application by maybe a year.

Reactions: Avtar_15

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
Thank you for your reply.
Quick update: Surgery is already done and Iodine treatment is scheduled on 14 November. After all this doctor will start the harmones therapy.
Hopefully now everything will be good. Thanking you again for your time and help.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Keep in mind that when you travel to Canada, you should be stable for at least 120 days - that is there’s no change in your medication and health, meaning that you are stable. All the best for your speedy recovery.
Reach out me in PM, for any other details.

Reactions: Kikay1983

Kapil201

Sep 4, 2019
Thank you for your reply.
Quick update: Surgery is already done and Iodine treatment is scheduled on 14 November. After all this doctor will start the harmones therapy.
Hopefully now everything will be good. Thanking you again for your time and help.
Hi Avtar_15, I am in a similar situation and need urgent guidance as you were and applying for PR to Canada through express entry after receiving ITA. Can you please let me know if everything went well with your case with having to go through fairness letter response etc? I am wondering if it’s useful to take help from a lawyer in this type of case or not. Appreciate your kind reply in this regard.

RPGJ

Sep 23, 2019
Keep in mind that when you travel to Canada, you should be stable for at least 120 days - that is there’s no change in your medication and health, meaning that you are stable. All the best for your speedy recovery.
Reach out me in PM, for any other details.
Hi...Kapil
Same case as Avtar is with me.
I had surgery for thyroid cancer on 29th of June 2019 and RAI therapy on 17 of jluy 2019. Now it's all OK but I have to take periodic check in every 6 months (whole body scan). I am planning to take admission for Jan2020 intake.
With this situation can I get my study permit.
Along with this , is public insurance covers this Whole body scan or I have to pay additionally.

Please suggest me.....
It will help me a lot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi...Kapil
I had surgery for thyroid cancer on 29th of June 2019 and RAI therapy on 17 of jluy 2019. Now it's all OK but I have to take periodic check in every 6 months (whole body scan). I am planning to take admission for Jan2020 intake.
Along with this , is public insurance covers this Whole body scan or I have to pay additionally.

Please suggest me.....
It will help me a lot
Depending on the province, students have provincial coverage or coverage through an international student health plan. Depending on where you apply you would have to see what is covered. Medical inadmissibility for students are not the same as PRs. There seems to be a lower threshold. You have only just recently had your surgery so it is hard to tell whether that will factor into approval or not.

Kapil201

Sep 4, 2019
Hi...Kapil

Please suggest me.....
It will help me a lot
Hello RPGJ, I am awaiting for Avtar to provide some recommendation on how did he pursue his case. I am not sure about the public insurance coverage. What I am hearing so far is that, it's not a problem to have Thyroid cancer diagnosis since this type of cancer does not cost much for treatment and is easily curable. We can talk more on each of our progress if you have gmail ID to chat/email.

RPGJ

Sep 23, 2019
Hello RPGJ, I am awaiting for Avtar to provide some recommendation on how did he pursue his case. I am not sure about the public insurance coverage. What I am hearing so far is that, it's not a problem to have Thyroid cancer diagnosis since this type of cancer does not cost much for treatment and is easily curable. We can talk more on each of our progress if you have gmail ID to chat/email.
Thanks Kapil.....
ramendra627@gmail.com is my mail id. We can discuss over mail

Bta

Apr 18, 2020
Hi...Kapil

Please suggest me.....
It will help me a lot

Bta

Apr 18, 2020
Hi
I have the same problem i applied as quebec investor program in 2017,i have invested the money and i have payed mony .4 mounths ago i have diagnosed with thyroid papillary carcinoma in stage one and thyroidectomy and cured completely and my dr told me it cured and never come back again but needs follow up!
Now i am worried about medical refuse .can you tell me your experience or any information
Thank u

Kapil201

Sep 4, 2019
I would say take a letter from your doctor, and provide it as evidence. I did the same and there was no issue. I am waiting for my PR now as my medical is passed. We can talk further if you have gmail Id or what’s app for any other question.

Reactions: Kikay1983

Bta

Apr 18, 2020
Hi kapil201
Thank u for your answer
My wats App number is +98 933 357 7954
I have some question about the type of the letter you talked about it