+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Inadmissibility Related

Aug 8, 2022
Greetings to all!

I got my medicals done in July 2021. Do I need medical exam again before departure. I am having rheumatoid arthritis and got bilateral TKR 10 years back. Do I qualify to enter or get rejected at Port of Entry as the metal detector alarms during screening because of knee replacement. Does it create any trouble?

Also, I am taking regular prescription medicines. Can I carry them along with me as I mentioned nothing during my IME.

Thanks in Advance
Pushpraj Sharma

Last edited:

Nidsk

Jul 21, 2022
Greetings to all!

I recently got by PPR. I got my medicals done in July 2021. Do I need medical exam again before departure. Also, I hide my medical condition during IME. I am having rheumatoid arthritis and got bilateral TKR 10 years back. Do I qualify to enter or get rejected at Port of Entry as the metal detector alarms during screening because of knee replacement and it was not mentioned in my medicals. Does it create any trouble?

Also, I am taking regular prescription medicines. Can I carry them along with me as I mentioned nothing during my IME.

Thanks in Advance
Pushpraj Sharma
Usually they wont do any medical check.
But since your medicals are expiring before the first travel, it may be upto them.
did you do premedical? When did you get your PPF? After how many month from applying?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Greetings to all!

I got my medicals done in July 2021. Do I need medical exam again before departure. I am having rheumatoid arthritis and got bilateral TKR 10 years back. Do I qualify to enter or get rejected at Port of Entry as the metal detector alarms during screening because of knee replacement. Does it create any trouble?

Thanks in Advance
Pushpraj Sharma
Did you passed the medicals? Did you told your panel doctor about this condition at the time of medical?

Aug 8, 2022
Did you passed the medicals? Did you told your panel doctor about this condition at the time of medical?
I didn't inform them, so I am afraid what will happen at Port of Entry. Also my medicals expired in July. Do I need to undergo medicals again as I didn't get any notification related to medicals again ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I didn't inform them, so I am afraid what will happen at Port of Entry. Also my medicals expired in July. Do I need to undergo medicals again as I didn't get any notification related to medicals again ?
So you are saying you didn't heard from IRCC? So what exactly is your situation, sorry if I missed something. Are you coming to Canada on any visa basis or PR ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Greetings to all!

Thanks in Advance
Pushpraj Sharma
What you have over here is called misrep. A misrepresentation of facts in a visa/wp application.

You might have been TOTALLY okay without this misrep given you are having 10 years post TKR surgery. I do not know how much your medicines cost but it is highly unlikely that it will be so high that you might get rejected unless you are taking some specialized biologics or some super expensive medicine.

Now coming to your current situation : Do you already have a TRV on your passport and a letter of endorsement from IRCC to issue you a WP upon arrival in Canada? If yes then a new IME is not required. If no, then yes, you might need a new IME if IRCC asks. Now coming to departure, while your knee might sound an alarm at airport, thats however for security and not really for immigration. You will be fine at that point. You might even get your WP issued at PoE. Thats not the trouble.

Trouble comes elsewhere. I do not know how long you are going to stay in Canada but you may not have enough medicine for the entire stay and may need to buy medication in future in Canada. That will be in your medical record linked to your public medical insurance number (PHN in BC). Now immigration and medical records are two very different records and system so it should not trigger an issue but know this: The information to prove your misrepresentation exists in government records owned by provincial and federal government respectively (PHN and immigration). It is NOT impossible (though very unlikely) to find the case of misrepresentation if needed to be found.

Reactions: Taran D