+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Inadmissibility concerning Mental Health - Common Law Sponsorship

Baymaxboop

Oct 5, 2019
Hello! My boyfriend and I are currently in the process of him sponsoring me under common law. I currently am in Quebec working and I recently was prescribed psychotherapy in order to help with my anxiety induced IBS (and hypothyroidism induced anxiety).

When I told my mom this she immediately was worried that Canada could deny me if I went and they found me inadmissible... which got me worried.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm scared to go now if I say the wrong thing and I get deemed as unstable... I know it's irrational but still...

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The medical review for a spousal sponsorship is different than others. For you to be declared inadmissible medically, you basically need to pose a danger to public health in Canada. I do not believe your diagnosis will rise to that level.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello! My boyfriend and I are currently in the process of him sponsoring me under common law. I currently am in Quebec working and I recently was prescribed psychotherapy in order to help with my anxiety induced IBS (and hypothyroidism induced anxiety).

When I told my mom this she immediately was worried that Canada could deny me if I went and they found me inadmissible... which got me worried.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm scared to go now if I say the wrong thing and I get deemed as unstable... I know it's irrational but still...
Not an issue. Tell your mom to stop giving you immigration advice and that she owes you big for that unnecessary anxiety.