+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical inadmissable???

ann24

Oct 13, 2008
guys,ive been reading the forum about medical inadmissability...
now i have a question,my older brother has autism, he's healthy and no problems,doen't need any medical attention..he's 28yrs old and very independent on some ways.
do you think it will affect my application for PR in the future if Im going to include him in my application together with my mom?
thanks..

ann24

Oct 13, 2008
thanks..
actually im still planning to apply for pR in the future because my occupation is on 38 list..
so im just wondering if i can include them in my application since my brother can't apply for himself..
will they consider that as my dependent as well?
anyway, thanks for the opinion..
anyone else?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP will not have a problem but when she tries to sponsor mom and brother later, it will become a question if brother will be too much of a strain on Canada's system.  

The brother at age 28 is only considered mom's dependant and able to go in on her application if he is financially dependent on mom since before age 22 because of his disability.  If he is, then it becomes a question if immigration will let him in anyway since he is unable to support himself and OP as the sponsor is only required to support him for the next 10 years.  I don't know if CIC denies people for that reason or only for medical reasons.  OP's brother is healthy and doesn't need medical care but he does need money to survive unless he can work.

Then again, if he is so well off that he can work and take care of himself, then he is not considered mom's dependent and can not be sponsored by mom or OP except possibly under a family stream of a PNP in certain provinces but then he would have to fill other requirements.

Best idea I have is go ahead and apply for PR and when it comes time to apply for sponsorship, see an immigration lawyer about how it would be best to pull this off.

edit: You can not include your mom or brother on your initial application. You can only sponsor mom after you become PR and it takes a long time. Brother can come with mom if he is considered a dependent of hers, OP can show enough income to provide for both of them and CIC doesn't deny him for medical reasons.

ann24

Oct 13, 2008
thanks leon,

so it means in my initial application,i will not include them first,then once I became PR then I can sponsor my mom? and after that she can sponsor my brother, he's financially dependent to my mom until now because he doesn't know anything about the value of money..
maybe the only thing that i can do is to prove CIC that i can financially support my mom and brother once I became PR and have supporting documents that my brother will not seek medical attention whatsoever because he's healthy etc..
the main thing here is of course,I want to be with my mom and my brother and give them a better future in Canada than in our home country..
do you think it will work?

thanks so much..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whereever they need to be mentioned as close family members yes but they can not come in on the same application.

I think it might work but best to get the PR first and then get an immigration lawyer or if that is too much money, go to a new comers center and see if they have access to a lawyer to help out with how it is best to apply for their sponsorship and what needs to be done.

ann24

Oct 13, 2008
there's one part in PR application: Details of family members: Do I need to include them (mom and older brother ) ?
and because there's also a question: Will accompany you to Canada: What will I answer? Yes or No?

Thanks for all the help!=)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to read your application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

On page 25 it says Family members include a spouse, or a common-law partner and dependent children:

On the Additional family information form they ask the names of your parents and siblings and you should fill them out there but as I have explained to you before, you can not include your mother and brother on your application form as accompanying family members because they can not be classified as your dependents. You have to apply as PR first. When you become PR, you can apply to sponsor your mother and include your brother as your mothers dependent.