+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Inadmissability

bronte

Aug 14, 2017
My husband and I applied for permanent residency and have subsequently received a procedural fairness letter based on excessive demand. We have hired a lawyer to represent us and submitted a response approximately 7 weeks ago.

I was wondering if someone has been through something similar recently and if you could provide some insight as to the current response times for the IRCC?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband and I applied for permanent residency and have subsequently received a procedural fairness letter based on excessive demand. We have hired a lawyer to represent us and submitted a response approximately 7 weeks ago.

I was wondering if someone has been through something similar recently and if you could provide some insight as to the current response times for the IRCC?

Thank you
You should expect to be waiting several months. Response times are based on the individual situation, so no one can give you an accurate estimate of how long it will take.

bronte

Aug 14, 2017
You should expect to be waiting several months. Response times are based on the individual situation, so no one can give you an accurate estimate of how long it will take.
Thank you for your response. We have applied for a bridging visa as our work permit expires in Nov 2017. I have been told however, that the results on the bridging visa will not be known until we receive a ruling on the medical issue. Does this mean the IRCC will need to make a decision before Nov 2017?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your response. We have applied for a bridging visa as our work permit expires in Nov 2017. I have been told however, that the results on the bridging visa will not be known until we receive a ruling on the medical issue. Does this mean the IRCC will need to make a decision before Nov 2017?
Do you mean that you applied for a BOWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - it doesn't mean that. CIC doesn't have to make a decision before your current work permits expire.

bronte

Aug 14, 2017
No - it doesn't mean that. CIC doesn't have to make a decision before your current work permits expire.
How do we live and work in Canada legally if we have not received a response on either of our applications and our current work visa expires?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How do we live and work in Canada legally if we have not received a response on either of our applications and our current work visa expires?
You have implied status and can continue working until you hear back about your BOWP application. If the BOWP is refused, then you would have to stop working. There is no requirement for you to be in Canada while the application is being processed.

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th September 2015 at CIO
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015

Thank you
Hi
Could you tel us which lawyer you have hired for replying your letter ?
My some friends waiting for 6 to 8 months for their results.

Hope for the best

bronte

Aug 14, 2017
Hi
Could you tel us which lawyer you have hired for replying your letter ?
My some friends waiting for 6 to 8 months for their results.

Hope for the best
We used the company that my husband works for to represent us. For your friends who are waiting, have they finally received their results?

Chasecaleb

Aug 23, 2017
We used the company that my husband works for to represent us. For your friends who are waiting, have they finally received their results?
Hi, may I know what kind of medical condition do you or your husband has to be considered medically inadmissible while already working here in Canada? I am asking because we are currently applying for PR too inland (as temp worker), I have a stent in my heart prior to moving here due to Heart Attack, we are currently waiting for medical request for the PR application. I just want to know if this would potentially cause problems for our medical?

bronte

Aug 14, 2017
I am on a drug called humira which is expensive and the cause for the procedural fairness letter.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
I am on a drug called humira which is expensive and the cause for the procedural fairness letter.
Hey, were you able to get your PR after the procedural fairness letter ?

My spouse is also on humeria and we got just a furtheranCr medical test for TB but haven't heard from them yet , it's been over 10 months now and not sure how long it might take before we hear from them

EgyptDubai

Feb 6, 2019
Hi, may I know what kind of medical condition do you or your husband has to be considered medically inadmissible while already working here in Canada? I am asking because we are currently applying for PR too inland (as temp worker), I have a stent in my heart prior to moving here due to Heart Attack, we are currently waiting for medical request for the PR application. I just want to know if this would potentially cause problems for our medical?
Hi
Any updates on your case as mine is similar and I am worried