+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical in Vancouver

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Hi.
I keep calling some of the doctors that can do the medical in vancouver.
Some keep asking me for the form where medicals were requested and i want to do it before so i can send them with application.
Others told me it takes 5 hours aprox the consultation and the test done.
Then no one confirms me if they will send them online or how long it will take.

Does anyone has someone to recommend in vancouver? anyone had good experience?
I will really appreciate your help!! thanks.

driftcars

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Just tell them you need a upfront medical examination, which has no request letter. If they don't understand what you're talking about, I would find another one who knows what they're doing, someone who is experienced.

The whole thing could take about about 1 hour to 3 hours, because you usually need to go to 3 different places (doctor's office, blood test office, xray lab) to complete, travel and wait time take the most part.

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
thanks for your reply!! i will keep calling and at least that gives me an idea of what to look for. Thanks again

srfheat

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-12-2014
I went to Desmond P. Dwyer on W Broadway. I called around a few of them and he was the cheapest and had appointments readily available.

Everything was really smooth on the day. They take your photos, there was a short wait for a couple of tests and the examination, then you go down the road to get the xray. They then upload the results to CIC on the eMedical system and give you the receipt to include with your application.

Good luck

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Thank you soooo much!! I was wondering why so much difference in prices, they go from 345 to 230dls, you just helped me made my mind. I really appreciatte the time you took to answer, im making my appointment now. thanks!!!!!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
If anyone else need advise, I was at Dr. Cheryl Anderson's office, it took about 3 hours (most of it is waiting), but I was able to do everything at once, they did the eMedical, at it was one of the cheapest I could find (a little bit above 200).

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
srfheat said:
I went to Desmond P. Dwyer on W Broadway. I called around a few of them and he was the cheapest and had appointments readily available.

Everything was really smooth on the day. They take your photos, there was a short wait for a couple of tests and the examination, then you go down the road to get the xray. They then upload the results to CIC on the eMedical system and give you the receipt to include with your application.

Good luck
May I ask how much it costs for all exams and are they open on weekends, thank you.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I second Dr. Anderson's recommendation. Being able to do everything in the same building (exam, pathology, radiology) is a big time saver.
Total cost was ~ $275

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Ponga said:
I second Dr. Anderson's recommendation. Being able to do everything in the same building (exam, pathology, radiology) is a big time saver.
Total cost was ~ $275
Are they full of patients and open on weekends? Thank you.