+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical has passed and Review of eligibility started - Ghost Update

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Thanks a lot for your kind words! I keep my hope high and wait for a favourable decision. I can understand everyone who awaiting decision are undergoing anxiety and frustration at the moment. Don't worry, you will fine. Just have good patience.

Sure, I will post here the moment I get an update, like everyone does.

ABS24911

Jan 13, 2021
Thanks a lot for your kind words! I keep my hope high and wait for a favourable decision. I can understand everyone who awaiting decision are undergoing anxiety and frustration at the moment. Don't worry, you will fine. Just have good patience.

Sure, I will post here the moment I get an update, like everyone does.
Hey Naresh,
Any updates after the ghost update ?

ChileanGerman

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hey guys, I also got a ghost update 2 days ago saying "application/profile updated" - but nothing has changed.

20th August: Applied (from Germany, regular non-SDS)
29th September: Eligibility review started
Intake: March 2021
I already had biometrics done 2 years ago and I didn't need medical.

My DLI got added on 12th January to the approved list. Some guys told me that those updates can mean something and some say it doesn't mean anything. It could mean that an officer is looking/or continued looking on your application or simply added a number just like the UCI that maybe got missed by some people. In my case it was probably the UCI number since I remembered after submitting my application that I didn't put my UCI number on it.

Let's say it like that, it's nothing negative :p cheers to all of you guys!

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hey Naresh,
Any updates after the ghost update ?
Hi, thanks. Nope. No any updates officially yet. I had actually mistaken GCKey maintenance glitch as ghost update, after reading a thread in this forum. Ghost updates are supposed to appear the moment when we login to our GCKey account. But, in my case, it didn't appear as such, rather it appeared only after refreshing the page once after logging in. So, I am kind of unclear what really happened in my application process. I have belief that like most of us, my application would be kept on hold due to current travel restriction or slow visa processing methods. Again not really sure if this is the case.

How about you?

N-A

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
My timeline:
Complete SDS application submitted on 24th August 2020
Medical upfront updated on 4th Jan with eligibility review started
Biometrics already done but not updated
Got two ghost updated since last week, nothing else.
What does it mean?

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Here is my timeline.

Study permit application submitted (online, India): 17 October 2020
Intake: January 17, 2021
Visa category: Regular
Biometrics submission and update in GCkey: 08 December 2020
Medical request (from IRCC): 09 December 2020
Medical exam passed: 21 December 2020 (Ghost update)

Eligibility and background is under review and still waiting. No further communications from IRCC yet.
Any guess on final decision this month?
what is the ghost update mean?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
what is the ghost update mean?
Ghost updates are informally referred to as change of application status from "Submitted" to "Application/Profile update". However, it doesn't change anything in the application, but just an indication that a visa officer is working on an application. This based on people who experienced this while waiting for a decision for their application.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Ghost updates are informally referred to as change of application status from "Submitted" to "Application/Profile update". However, it doesn't change anything in the application, but just an indication that a visa officer is working on an application. This based on people who experienced this while waiting for a decision for their application.
Ok. Thank you

LRocker

Dec 4, 2020
Ghost updates are informally referred to as change of application status from "Submitted" to "Application/Profile update". However, it doesn't change anything in the application, but just an indication that a visa officer is working on an application. This based on people who experienced this while waiting for a decision for their application. Hopefully, you might as well get these updates soon, meaning someone is working on your application.
Hi Naresh

Any updates on your application? I have just received my BVL, hoping for a positive decision, pray for me please

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hi Naresh

Any updates on your application? I have just received my BVL, hoping for a positive decision, pray for me please
Hi, I got OPR/approval last night but (dated February 9), following the BVL the before evening. Your OPR/decision will be coming to you right away either today or tomorrow. You will be fine, don't worry.

girlonsneaks

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
my account has ghost update but no updates in my application. got bvl and medical passed already. im nervous! waiting for final decision

fanchuanster

Feb 2, 2021
Hi, I got OPR/approval last night but (dated February 9), following the BVL the before evening. Your OPR/decision will be coming to you right away either today or tomorrow. You will be fine, don't worry.
Congrats, so it took a month to get the decision since it changed to "Application/Profile update" .

LRocker

Dec 4, 2020
Congrats, happy for you. I haven't received anything so far, hopefully will get something today *fingers cross*; pray for me

Reactions: Naresh_PlantSci