+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical has passed and Review of eligibility started - Ghost Update

LRocker

Dec 4, 2020
I just checked my profile and got the ghost update, Medical has passed as well as Review of eligibility started today, still how long to get the decision you reckon?

Ulref

Dec 22, 2020
My eligibility started too on January 7th. Anybody knows how long it would take to get an answer? In my case
Application: November 12th
Biometrics: done before application
Medicals: N/A
Intake: February 1st

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
I just checked my profile and got the ghost update, Medical has passed as well as Review of eligibility started today, still how long to get the decision you reckon?
I am in exactly the situation as yours. My eligibility review started the same day as the medical passing through ghost update. It's been 22 days since the ghost update and still waiting. People here say that eligibility review is the final and sometimes a time taking process. It might be fast or slow but depends on our application. Nevertheless, a decision would be there soon but not sure how it would be. You may rise a web form after 10 or 15 days to remind IRCC about your application.

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
I am in exactly the situation as yours. My eligibility review started the same day as the medical passing through ghost update. It's been 22 days since the ghost update and still waiting. People here say that eligibility review is the final and sometimes a time taking process. It might be fast or slow but depends on our application. Nevertheless, a decision would be there soon but not sure how it would be. You may rise a web form after 10 or 15 days to remind IRCC about your application.
Please share your time line

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Please share your time line
Here is my timeline.

Study permit application submitted (online, India): 17 October 2020
Intake: January 17, 2021
Visa category: Regular
Biometrics submission and update in GCkey: 08 December 2020
Medical request (from IRCC): 09 December 2020
Medical exam passed: 21 December 2020 (Ghost update)

Eligibility and background is under review and still waiting. No further communications from IRCC yet.
Any guess on final decision this month?

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
Here is my timeline.

Study permit application submitted (online, India): 17 October 2020
Intake: January 17, 2021
Visa category: Regular
Biometrics submission and update in GCkey: 08 December 2020
Medical request (from IRCC): 09 December 2020
Medical exam passed: 21 December 2020 (Ghost update)

Eligibility and background is under review and still waiting. No further communications from IRCC yet.
Any guess on final decision this month?
OK thnks

Reactions: Naresh_PlantSci

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Here's my timeline:
Applied on 29th september 2020 (SDS)
Upfront medical done on 7th september 2020 submitted with application
Biometrics on 27th november 2020 updated the same day on GCkey
Medical passed/updated on GCkey on 29th december
Eligibilty review hasn't started yet.
My classes have started, ive raised three webfroms till now. Anything else I should do?

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Here's my timeline:
Applied on 29th september 2020 (SDS)
Upfront medical done on 7th september 2020 submitted with application
Biometrics on 27th november 2020 updated the same day on GCkey
Medical passed/updated on GCkey on 29th december
Eligibilty review hasn't started yet.
My classes have started, ive raised three webfroms till now. Anything else I should do?
Wait like the rest of us!

LRocker

Dec 4, 2020
Any update on your application yet Naresh?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Oh good, what were they? No progress on my application as well
Ghost updates are informally referred to as change of application status from "Submitted" to "Application/Profile update". However, it doesn't change anything in the application, but just an indication that a visa officer is working on an application. This based on people who experienced this while waiting for a decision for their application. Hopefully, you might as well get these updates soon, meaning someone is working on your application.

LRocker

Dec 4, 2020
Ghost updates are informally referred to as change of application status from "Submitted" to "Application/Profile update". However, it doesn't change anything in the application, but just an indication that a visa officer is working on an application. This based on people who experienced this while waiting for a decision for their application. Hopefully, you might as well get these updates soon, meaning someone is working on your application.
Oh, actually its a good sign, I believe you get a decision in day or two; I eagerly waiting for an update as well, not sure how long will it take, quite fruestrated to be honest

Happy for you, can you please give me a shout as soon as you gets an update please, fingers cross for you!