+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical has passed and Review of eligibility started - Ghost Update

Dorabach

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
Ghost updates are informally referred to as change of application status from "Submitted" to "Application/Profile update". However, it doesn't change anything in the application, but just an indication that a visa officer is working on an application. This based on people who experienced this while waiting for a decision for their application.
Hi. What about if status changed from" Application/Profile update'' to Submitted? what does it mean?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Hi. What about if status changed from" Application/Profile update'' to Submitted? what does it mean?
Based on my application, there are two ways a ghost update can happen in an application. One could be because of technical maintenance of the website, due to which everyone's application status shows "Application/Profile update''. The another one is really an indication that your application had gone through some changes/progress when a visa officer handled your file. The later one happens mostly at the morning working hours of immigration office in Ottawa headquarters in Canada and former update happens during the late night/midnight time of Canada. So, I suggest you to check your time of the update that you see when you open your application.

Stunny

Sep 12, 2022
Here is my timeline.

Study permit application submitted (online, Nigeria): 8,December 2021
Intake: May 4, 2022
Visa category: Regular
Biometrics submission and update in GCkey: 17 September 2020
Medical request (from IRCC): 27 February 2022
Medical exam passed: 9 March 2022

Eligibility and background is under review and still waiting. No further communications from IRCC yet.
Any guess on final decision this month?

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Here is my timeline.

Study permit application submitted (online, Nigeria): 8,December 2021
Intake: May 4, 2022
Visa category: Regular
Biometrics submission and update in GCkey: 17 September 2020
Medical request (from IRCC): 27 February 2022
Medical exam passed: 9 March 2022

Eligibility and background is under review and still waiting. No further communications from IRCC yet.
Any guess on final decision this month?
Have you raised a webform