+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical has been received ( MANILA OFFICE)

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Hello all!

My status just changed to day and now says medical received.... Can anyone tell me if this means I am close to getting visa from manila office?

Its been 8 months since my status has been updated
Passport, rights to permanent resident fee was sent in january 2014

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
denny303 said:
Hello all!

My status just changed to day and now says medical received.... Can anyone tell me if this means I am close to getting visa from manila office?

Hi,
Under which immigration program?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
denny303 said:
Thanks for replying.... This wait is driving me nuts.... But we applied under "Spousal ".
The "current" published processing timeframes for CEM show 14months from the time it has been transferred (Family sponsorship - Spouse etc.). However, I have seen many who have exceeded this timeframe, so it is not a good indicator of when to expect a visa or a final decision. At most it means that a medical assessment has been made and this update has been entered into your file. Does it mean you are close? Yes it means one more step closer and that your file has been updated. How long to wait then? - This is the million-dollar question - nobody knows specifically. I have seen some in this program getting PPR and sending PPs, but having to wait a few more months before getting back the visa and CoPRs.

.../atb

vaingel1983

Mar 20, 2014
Hello Guys, I am also an applicant and have submitted my online application for work permit as a live in caregiver via manila embassy last August 5, 2014. By now I am awaiting for my medical and speak test request, hopefully by the end of this month based on my friends timeline. To share my opinion, one of my friend who has applied paper based application via Cebu , she has received her approval just this month. After a month of her submission she got her medical and speak test request and not more than a month after submitting that requirement she has been approved. Computing her, average processing, it just took her two months after having been approved with her work permit application. Next month will be her flight to Canada. Good luck to us all!

cheche0601

Sep 6, 2014
hi im new here and first i dont know how to post here so i just hit the reply button..

anyways im trying to seek answers.. iam applying for working visa

i am for medical now .. i have submitted all of my requirement in manila including my passport and job offer from canada.. i just submitted my requirements last 2 weeks ago and now i am for medical..

soo after the medical.. how long do you think will i wait for visa approval.. or do you think i had a chance for approval since now i am requested for medical??

thanks in advance for the answers.. Wink Wink Wink

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheche0601 said:
hi im new here and first i dont know how to post here so i just hit the reply button..

anyways im trying to seek answers.. iam applying for working visa

i am for medical now .. i have submitted all of my requirement in manila including my passport and job offer from canada.. i just submitted my requirements last 2 weeks ago and now i am for medical..

soo after the medical.. how long do you think will i wait for visa approval.. or do you think i had a chance for approval since now i am requested for medical??

thanks in advance for the answers.. Wink Wink Wink
The current processing times for a work permit from Manila are 7months from the receipt of a complete application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp#asia
That is a guide only - relatively a result is received in less time than that but it is dependent on the application package. Prepare to wait for a few months, nobody can say for certain when results will be sent back. As to chances, nobody can be certain - all depends on the application package and the evaluation done on the application.
Try to read up on the work permit process:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-after.asp

Also - try to look up threads you may want to ask questions in this section of the forum:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-workers-b10.0/

.../atb

amielizaa

Sep 14, 2014
Hello to all, i submitted all my documents last aug.26 @ cvac then last sep.10 i received an email notifying me to take the speak test and undergo a medical exam. Does anyone of you knows how many days would it take before they can give my passport back? For i will be needing it on the last week of oct. to travel out if the country. Or should i send a letter to the embassy requesting for returning my passport ? Thanks thanks

tyn26

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone knows? Anong gingawa sa speak test? Parang basic IELTS ba ito?

bubbly00

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 24, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 03, 2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
Sept 17, 2014
Med's Request
Aug 01, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 17, 2014 / remed:Aug 31, 2016 sent by st.lukes: Sept 16, 2016
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016 / sent: Oct 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 21, 2016 /VOH : Oct 27, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 4, 2016
denny303 said:
Hello all!

maybe you can share your timeline with us?

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Never really kept track of the dates... But applied august 2013, was sent back because my wife forgot a signature, resent september 2013, approved to sponsor october 2013, manila started processing November 12 2013.... Then typhoon yolanda happened and cic advised they would speed up our process.... Medical, passport, and fees sent to cic in jan 2014,,, march 2014 further medical, may further medical, july further medical.... I had to keep flying my wife to manila to get the requested further medicals..... Mid august 2014 i contacted my MP in ontario...... My wige received visa september 7...... Arrived at my house in Canada september 12 2014..... Such a stressful process