Medical - Grading B

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I got Graded B recently for my moderately severe hearing loss in my left ear. I am tensed. I checked the surgery costs and it was within limits but I don't understand how VO interpret such gradings. Do they give Procedural Fairness Letter to respond or they approve the application if it is within the limits? Really tensed after years of hardwork don't want silly thing to ruin the chances

Reactions: asimhafeez19

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Hi all

Just picking up this old thread in case anyone's still in the loop!

My wife was given a B grade for her medical exam as they'd found an abnormality in her chest x-ray. Possibly indicating TB apparently but we live in the UK where there's 0.03% prevalence of TB.

My IRCC account now reads 'You passed the medical exam' - anyone knows if this means we're definitely through or could they still come back and request extra medical exams?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all

Just picking up this old thread in case anyone's still in the loop!

My wife was given a B grade for her medical exam as they'd found an abnormality in her chest x-ray. Possibly indicating TB apparently but we live in the UK where there's 0.03% prevalence of TB.

My IRCC account now reads 'You passed the medical exam' - anyone knows if this means we're definitely through or could they still come back and request extra medical exams?
There is a good chance that there may be the need for further investigation when it comes to the abnormality on the lungs. Could be as basic as a pulmonologist doing an exam. If you haven’t recently travelled or live in a region of the UK where there are the highest rates of TB (or interact with an at risk population) then likely no TB testing.

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
There is a good chance that there may be the need for further investigation when it comes to the abnormality on the lungs. Could be as basic as a pulmonologist doing an exam. If you haven’t recently travelled or live in a region of the UK where there are the highest rates of TB (or interact with an at risk population) then likely no TB testing.
Thanks canuck78

No, no recent travel and very low TB rates in our region (south Wales) so hopefully no further testing..

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
So "You passed the medical exam" doesn't necessarily mean we have actually passed the medical exam then??!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So "You passed the medical exam" doesn't necessarily mean we have actually passed the medical exam then??!
Passing the medical exam means you passed the medical exam but you can be asked to do for further when you get to Canada if public health wants to monitor your case. If you have passed your medical you should be done.

Reactions: Andy Eddy