+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical getting delayed because of covid

Maheen Hanif

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I applied from karachi Pakistan for medical examination, it's been 7 days I haven't received my appointment as due to covid they are taking less appointments, I am worried as we have to submit it in 30 days, any body faced the similar situation, please do let me know

agnelsavery

Star Member
Apr 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-03-2021
Ask for an extension from IRCC with supporting documents

Filzah

Oct 28, 2017
I applied from karachi Pakistan for medical examination, it's been 7 days I haven't received my appointment as due to covid they are taking less appointments, I am worried as we have to submit it in 30 days, any body faced the similar situation, please do let me know
Hi, I am facing the same issue. Did you get an appointment from Karachi center?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most places that have a covid case explosion and are having travel bans or IRCC/VFS offices closures seem to be getting automatic medical extensions but for Pakistan you can send in a wrbform indicating that you will need an extension because there are difficulties securing an appointment due to covid and you don’t want to risk exposing yourself to covid by attending a medical appointment.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello Maheen

Recently, I have gone through mine and my family medical (wife and 2 kids) from IOM Karachi on 25th May 2021.

I recieved Medical Examination letters from IRCC on 28th April 2021. For appointment, I sent email to canmedpk@iom.int on on 28th April 2021 and requested them to consider a day for all of us so that we can travel to karachi on same day.

On 12t May, I received email from mhdislamabad@iom.int confirming our appointment for 25th May at IOM Karachi. (For all of us on same day)

Due to COVI19, they are taking extra time, however, Administration at IOM karachi informed me that they are well aware of canadian system (medical within 30 days).

I also worried of expiring of my medical letters and called IOM few times in that regard. However, they dont entertain on telephone and asked to apply for appointment using their email.

So my suggestion is that you do not need to worry at all, and just wait for their email in coming days.

Last edited: