+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical furtherance doctor is unsure of additional tests

Barzul611

Apr 29, 2018
Hi everyone.

I did my medical exam for my CEC application. I haven’t submitted my application yet as I’m awaiting my ielts results.

4 weeks after my medical I received a furtherance letter from the MHB Ottawa asking for additional tests and advising me to contact a panel physician.

I contacted my panel physician and they said that the request is for redo of the blood and urine tests.

However, they said all the tests are clear and they don’t know why there is a request to redo them.

What’s the best course of action in this case?

Should I contact cic and ask them, or should I just redo the tests even though the doctor doesn’t see any need?

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
I’m confused if I should get the medical done or not. My last medical was done during June 2015 when applying for work permit which may not be valid anymore. Now after submitting my application, it says you do not need a medical. Is there anyone with same status after submitting the application and later received a medical request?
I provide UCI in my application, is there a possibility that they take reference from previous work permit application for medical requirements?
Please advise.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Hi everyone.

I did my medical exam for my CEC application. I haven’t submitted my application yet as I’m awaiting my ielts results.

4 weeks after my medical I received a furtherance letter from the MHB Ottawa asking for additional tests and advising me to contact a panel physician.

I contacted my panel physician and they said that the request is for redo of the blood and urine tests.

However, they said all the tests are clear and they don’t know why there is a request to redo them.

Should I contact cic and ask them, or should I just redo the tests even though the doctor doesn’t see any need?
You can try raising CSE to ask IRCC.
But that said, the panel physician can only *recommend*, IRCC can *order* you to do another medical even if the panel physician says no need...

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hi everyone.

I'm confused by your post...
You said you haven't submitted your application, so I assume you got ITA already. But then if you are waiting for your IELTS (thus assuming you do not have the result), how could you get your ITA? Or did you mean EE profile by "application"?
I assume MHB is the Health Management Branch of IRCC?
If your PP said all is clear, I would just redo the tests as MHB requested. If all goes well, the redo tests will come back clean anyways.

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
I’m confused if I should get the medical done or not. My last medical was done during June 2015 when applying for work permit which may not be valid anymore. Now after submitting my application, it says you do not need a medical. Is there anyone with same status after submitting the application and later received a medical request?
I provide UCI in my application, is there a possibility that they take reference from previous work permit application for medical requirements?
Please advise.
@ajeet.ims - As per various comments i read earlier in this forum, medical exam is mandatory for all PR applicants and the message - "you do not need a medical" status is a generic message; and after your medical results are uploaded by panel physician, the 'medical exam' message should be updated in a few days (for normal cases) under the PR application status

2alipa

Apr 8, 2020
Hello, I see that this thread has been opened a long time ago, but maybe someone is having the same issues and might be able to give me some info.I had my med exam done, and the xray came up unclear because I had a bad cold at the time.So the radiologist suggested I should do a CT scan in order to see things more clearly.Because of this whole COVID-19 situation, it took longer than expected to have the CT scan done.Meanwhile, I let my panel physician and the radiologist know about the delay.The radiologist said he has to send the first results, something about the system causing problems if they have a case for a longer period of time opened.The panel physician said they would wait for the CT scan.A couple of days ago I got the results from the CT scan, and they are clean.Now,a week ago I received an email about additional documents for my med exam: "This refers to your application for permanent residence / temporary residence in Canada. Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your e-Medical file regarding the medical information required. Please contact the panel physician who performed your immigration medical examination or another e-Medical enabled panel physician. A list of all panel physicians can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx.
The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office."
I called the radiologist, he says he can not add anything to my file, and that I have to call the panel physician.I did, and he says he can not add anything to my file because as well they have already closed it.So it means they haven't received any info from IRCC about some additional tests.I don't know if the additional test is the CT scan, but this is my best guess because there were some spots on my lungs that have been now cleared up.Now I am somewhere in the middle and I don't know where I can send the CT scan results, because my panel physician say he has no idea about any additional tests.Have any of you had this issue till now?Help would be very much appreciated, I am not planning of flying anytime soon, but I have invested so much time and money so I must see this through.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I see that this thread has been opened a long time ago, but maybe someone is having the same issues and might be able to give me some info.I had my med exam done, and the xray came up unclear because I had a bad cold at the time.So the radiologist suggested I should do a CT scan in order to see things more clearly.Because of this whole COVID-19 situation, it took longer than expected to have the CT scan done.Meanwhile, I let my panel physician and the radiologist know about the delay.The radiologist said he has to send the first results, something about the system causing problems if they have a case for a longer period of time opened.The panel physician said they would wait for the CT scan.A couple of days ago I got the results from the CT scan, and they are clean.Now,a week ago I received an email about additional documents for my med exam: "This refers to your application for permanent residence / temporary residence in Canada. Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your e-Medical file regarding the medical information required. Please contact the panel physician who performed your immigration medical examination or another e-Medical enabled panel physician. A list of all panel physicians can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx.
The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office."
I called the radiologist, he says he can not add anything to my file, and that I have to call the panel physician.I did, and he says he can not add anything to my file because as well they have already closed it.So it means they haven't received any info from IRCC about some additional tests.I don't know if the additional test is the CT scan, but this is my best guess because there were some spots on my lungs that have been now cleared up.Now I am somewhere in the middle and I don't know where I can send the CT scan results, because my panel physician say he has no idea about any additional tests.Have any of you had this issue till now?Help would be very much appreciated, I am not planning of flying anytime soon, but I have invested so much time and money so I must see this through.
You may still be asked to do a TB test. The CT was a little excessive. It often takes a few days for the messages to be visible to people. Did you contact the doctors right after you got the message?

2alipa

Apr 8, 2020
You may still be asked to do a TB test. The CT was a little excessive. It often takes a few days for the messages to be visible to people. Did you contact the doctors right after you got the message?
Hello, thank you for your reply.
Yes, I did get in touch with them.I got the email last week on Wednesday and I called them yesterday, as soon as I received the CT scan's results.I am also trying to see if there is a chance I could get in contact with IRCC,maybe they could resend the information to my E-Medical file.Do you have any other idea what I could do at this point?Thanks

2alipa

Apr 8, 2020
Hi everyone.

Hi,any updates on this?I am currently in the same situation, my panel physician doesn't have any info about some additional tests.Thanks