+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for Non-Accompanying dependent

JayCau

Apr 26, 2023
Good day!

My PR application is on progress and the CIC are requesting for my non-accompanying dependent's (daughter) medical. the thing is from the beginning of my PR application, I already stated there that me and my previous common law partner have no contact with each other since we separated. I even send a webform with this regards and hoping that they consider my explanation. i tried sending messages to my previous partner thru all forms of social media but with no luck she doesn't respond in any of it. what proof do i need to send to CIC to explain to that i cannot send a medical of my daughter since i do not have contact with her mother?

Does anyone have the same scenario like mine and what actions did you do. hoping that this doesn't slow the progress of my PR application or worst deny my application.

any suggestions on what to do will be highly appreciated..

Have a good day everyone!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day!

My PR application is on progress and the CIC are requesting for my non-accompanying dependent's (daughter) medical. the thing is from the beginning of my PR application, I already stated there that me and my previous common law partner have no contact with each other since we separated. I even send a webform with this regards and hoping that they consider my explanation. i tried sending messages to my previous partner thru all forms of social media but with no luck she doesn't respond in any of it. what proof do i need to send to CIC to explain to that i cannot send a medical of my daughter since i do not have contact with her mother?

Does anyone have the same scenario like mine and what actions did you do. hoping that this doesn't slow the progress of my PR application or worst deny my application.

any suggestions on what to do will be highly appreciated..

Have a good day everyone!
Do you have proof of the custody agreement showing that you have no custody or visitation. Would keep records of your attempts to reach your daughter or her mother. I would send a registered letter with proof of signature required to her mother or daughter (depending on her age) at home or work as proof of one of your attempts to contact her. I would contact her family. Would suggest you try to address the issue as a potential opportunity for your daughter in the future if she becomes interested in coming to Canada permanently or temporarily when she becomes an adult (she would need to apply before age 22). Offering to cover the cost of the medical and highlighting that for a short medical appointment she will be able to come to Canada to study as a domestic student, work for a short period of time or move to Canada permanently if she would like to do so in the future. That by doing the medical and being listed as a non-accompanying dependent she does not have to ever come to Canada but will have the option if she wants to as long as she applies to be sponsored before 22. There have been many instances where children decide they want to come to Canada when they get older so IRCC tries to ensure that all children are included in PR applications. You will need to show strong evidence that you have tried very hard to include your daughter as non-accompanying on your PR application and tried different methods to include her on the application. Showing custody documents where the daughter’s mother has full custody and you don’t have custody or visitation also should be included in your proof. If you have proof that you have had no contact for many years that should also be included although harder to prove.

Reactions: armoured

JayCau

Apr 26, 2023
Do you have proof of the custody agreement showing that you have no custody or visitation. Would keep records of your attempts to reach your daughter or her mother. I would send a registered letter with proof of signature required to her mother or daughter (depending on her age) at home or work as proof of one of your attempts to contact her. I would contact her family. Would suggest you try to address the issue as a potential opportunity for your daughter in the future if she becomes interested in coming to Canada permanently or temporarily when she becomes an adult (she would need to apply before age 22). Offering to cover the cost of the medical and highlighting that for a short medical appointment she will be able to come to Canada to study as a domestic student, work for a short period of time or move to Canada permanently if she would like to do so in the future. That by doing the medical and being listed as a non-accompanying dependent she does not have to ever come to Canada but will have the option if she wants to as long as she applies to be sponsored before 22. There have been many instances where children decide they want to come to Canada when they get older so IRCC tries to ensure that all children are included in PR applications. You will need to show strong evidence that you have tried very hard to include your daughter as non-accompanying on your PR application and tried different methods to include her on the application. Showing custody documents where the daughter’s mother has full custody and you don’t have custody or visitation also should be included in your proof. If you have proof that you have had no contact for many years that should also be included although harder to prove.
thanks for all the input. highly appreciate it. will collect all the proof that could be possibly use as supporting documents.

kksb

Dec 5, 2023
Category........
FAM
thanks for all the input. highly appreciate it. will collect all the proof that could be possibly use as supporting documents.
Hi! I am also in the same situation. Are you able to provide an update? Has IRCC responded and how has that been? TIA