+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical for my step-child need help please

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
Hi everyone,
I need your help please with my situation:

The CIC is requesting the medical for my step-child who is living with his father, I declare him as a non-accompanying dependent .I was not expecting that they will ask for his medical .And, I have to declare him otherwise it will be a misrepresentation .Anyway, What I want to say here: my step-child is living with his father and he will not let him do the medical...Can you help me please with any solution?
Thanks so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Non accompanying dependents still need to complete a medical. This shouldn't have been a surprised to you.

You will have to send a letter to CIC explaining that the father refuses to allow the child to do the medical. You should provide a letter or email from the father where he states that he will not take the child for the medical. If the father has sole custody of the child, you should provide the court documents that prove this. When you write to CIC, you should also say that you understand that by failing to do this medical, you understand that the child will no longer be classified as a member of your family and can never be sponsored by you in the future.

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
Thank you very much Scylla.
In fact ,the communication with his father is on the phone there is no letter or email.
I can provide the court document that shows his father has the sole custody of the child. Is that enough for CIC?
Do I send a letter via the same email where I received the file number? Can you please explain to me more about how the letter should be?
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks so much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - having the proof of sole custody is good.

I don't know what you should write in the letter. I have no personal experience with such cases.

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
last week I sent an email to inform the Centralized Intake Office by e-mail at CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca that I can not do the medical of my step-child because his father did not allow him to do that .I attached the notarized translated custody plus a copy of the original one and a notarized letter that I can not sponsor him in the future. I did not receive anything from them .And ,it still does not show on my ecas medical received ,I did mine and my wife did as well.
Do I need to send it via mail or the email is enough?
thanks a lot

susana

Nov 4, 2008
tarik34 said:
last week I sent an email to inform the Centralized Intake Office by e-mail at CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca that I can not do the medical of my step-child because his father did not allow him to do that .I attached the notarized translated custody plus a copy of the original one and a notarized letter that I can not sponsor him in the future. I did not receive anything from them .And ,it still does not show on my ecas medical received ,I did mine and my wife did as well.
Do I need to send it via mail or the email is enough?
thanks a lot
Send the documents by courier to the visa office processing your application.