+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Eye test

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
I am suffering from Keratoconus and treated one eye with corneal surgery. My vision is around 18 / 40 with lenses. Will it be a concern for PR application? This is a medical condition which is neighter contagious nor it has any medical treatment. The only treatment (C3R) is to stop progression and vision getting worsen.

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
I am suffering from Keratoconus and treated one eye with corneal surgery. My vision is around 18 / 40 with lenses. Will it be a concern for PR application? This is a medical condition which is neighter contagious nor it has any medical treatment. The only treatment (C3R) is to stop progression and vision getting worsen.
I am myself suffering from astigmatism in both eyes. My vision is slightly lower than a normal person.
But the eye test in the medical test is one of those standard ones where they show you a board with letters and ask you to read the letters. They only tested one eye, and I had 2 letters wrong. but I still passed my medicals.

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
I am myself suffering from astigmatism in both eyes. My vision is slightly lower than a normal person.
But the eye test in the medical test is one of those standard ones where they show you a board with letters and ask you to read the letters. They only tested one eye, and I had 2 letters wrong. but I still passed my medicals.

Congrats for clearing that. But my eye condition (corneal disease) is completely a different case. Its progresive in nature.:(.

Man@raj

Jul 26, 2019
My one eye blind from Childhood. And one is vision 6/6. Can i successful clear medical eye test for Canada.

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
My one eye blind from Childhood. And one is vision 6/6. Can I successful clear medical eye test for Canada.

As per my experience I don't see any problem. Got through links below and if you dont fall under these categories you dont have to worry.

Do not forget to take your medical records with you during Medical examination and be truthful.

The problem will be if :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/excessive-demand.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/excessive-demand-on-health-social-services.html

Pankti1009

Oct 12, 2019
Hello All,

I am reallly worried please help me.
I got an invite last week and everything is in order however i dont have vision in one eye. It is a problem since birth and its not progressive or communicable

Can this be a reason for rejection of my PR?

I have given my medical exam and they know about this problem.
I dont want this to come in between my PR as less vision doesnt impact my life in anyway.

Please suggest. Would be really grateful.

Pankti :)

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello All,

I am reallly worried please help me.
I got an invite last week and everything is in order however i dont have vision in one eye. It is a problem since birth and its not progressive or communicable

Can this be a reason for rejection of my PR?

I have given my medical exam and they know about this problem.
I dont want this to come in between my PR as less vision doesnt impact my life in anyway.

Please suggest. Would be really grateful.

Pankti :)
Don't worry.. even i have very less vision in one eye from birth.. practically no vision... I got my PR... you are good...but if you can get a certificate from your eye doctor stating the same.. that its not communicable and is from birth and doesn't affect the vision of your other eye etc...I submitted this letter to the medical center so they uploaded it to my file... if you didn't also, it wont be a problem.. but have it handy..all the best

Reactions: Pankti1009

Pankti1009

Oct 12, 2019
Don't worry.. even i have very less vision in one eye from birth.. practically no vision... I got my PR... you are good...but if you can get a certificate from your eye doctor stating the same.. that its not communicable and is from birth and doesn't affect the vision of your other eye etc...I submitted this letter to the medical center so they uploaded it to my file... if you didn't also, it wont be a problem.. but have it handy..all the best
Thanks a ton :) this is really helpful

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi All,

My friend has 6/36 vision in one eye and 6/60 in the other. She has had previous eye surgeries and now has cataract in one eye which needs to be removed to correct the 6/36 vision to that expected by IRCC (6/18).

In this case, would she fail medical if she doesn’t do the surgery immediately? Her current condition isn’t stopping her from doing her day to day activities like her job etc. where she needs to look at the computer screen.

I am asking this since I haven’t yet read about people failing medical due to their eye condition.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

mathewdeep

Oct 29, 2017
I am going through the same situation, does you pass your medical exam???

Komalthakker1

May 25, 2020
Hello guys
I appeared for medical test 2 days back. And was not able to read with my glasses on and doctor told me that glasses need an upgrade. My glasses were for distance. Earlier power was -1.75. Will this be a problem ?
Hey were you able to clear your medical test? I will be going for mine very soon and I am sure I will have the same problem. Please let me know if you cleared or not