Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
Any one else going through the process of having to do extra steps for medical. I have been trying to go see a psychiatrist which was requested of me by the immigration doc and i have been turned away almost every where i went. my medical is due in a few days and i honestly just dont know what to do.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Any one else going through the process of having to do extra steps for medical. I have been trying to go see a psychiatrist which was requested of me by the immigration doc and i have been turned away almost every where i went. my medical is due in a few days and i honestly just dont know what to do.
Did the Dr give you a referal?

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
Did the Dr give you a referal?
Yes however when trying to take it to one doctor they stated that they wont do that and taking it to the clinic thats on my referral form they are telling me they require a family doctor referral

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Yes however when trying to take it to one doctor they stated that they wont do that and taking it to the clinic thats on my referral form they are telling me they require a family doctor referral
You are in the USA? I am not surprised they wanted a referral from a family Dr, same as in Canada. You haven't been able to get that I presume? If you don't have a Dr you could try a walk-in clinic and explain the situation and get a referral that way.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you in Canada or the US?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All immigration related medicals are private costs. You will have to find someone who is willing to see you as a private patient and write a report to IRCC. The biggest issue is that there are long wait list for psychiatrists and OHIP services will take priority. You will need to call around and see who may be willing to see you as a private patient, what their fee would be.

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
All immigration related medicals are private costs. You will have to find someone who is willing to see you as a private patient and write a report to IRCC. The biggest issue is that there are long wait list for psychiatrists and OHIP services will take priority. You will need to call around and see who may be willing to see you as a private patient, what their fee would be.
indeed. most are wanting referalls the issue is not calling around..

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
For an overseas case would you need anything specific on the doctors referred?
im not sure to be completely honest i just got an email today that a doctor would be contacting me soon about this.

Dream_2020

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hello
I did a second medical with a new passport since the old one was suppose to expire in 2 months, when the medical report was sent to me, I saw that the passport number of my old passport instead of the new one I used for my medicals.
Do I have to worry about it ?