+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEDICAL EXTENSION APPROVED WAITING FOR PASSPORT

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

Could someone please kindly share your experience of medical extension relation to COPR. I recently received an email to submit my passports and my medicals were supposed to expire FEB 2021 but IRCC agent has confirmed that they have been extended to DEC 2021. So, can I expect my COPR/visa on PASSPORT till DEC 2021 or a random allocation (3 months, 6 months etc.,) by the IRCC? (FYI: My Passport valid till 2023).

Thanks!

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi,

Could someone please kindly share your experience of medical extension relation to COPR. I recently received an email to submit my passports and my medicals were supposed to expire FEB 2021 but IRCC agent has confirmed that they have been extended to DEC 2021. So, can I expect my COPR/visa on PASSPORT till DEC 2021 or a random allocation (3 months, 6 months etc.,) by the IRCC? (FYI: My Passport valid till 2023).

Thanks!
The medicals are valid for 12 months from the day they are assessed by the Medical officer. They have to be valid when you submit your application and also be valid when you land. IRCC cannot issue you a PR visa beyond the medical expiry date. When the officer is of the view that the medicals may expire before the applicant enter's Canada, or if there is not much time left in the validity of the medicals, and the medicals is the only thing remaining before the officer makes a final decision, then the officer can ask for re-assesment of the medicals form the Medical officer, which can provide a extension of additional 12 months.

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Thank you for the response. May I know when the extension has been approved like I mentioned above can I expect COPR DEC 2021?
I have requested GCMS notes in Oct 2020 but the IRCC has requested an extension for 120 days.

mmr2022

Mar 24, 2022
Is there a way to call someone from within Canada to inquire about a medical exam done? Actually, I got an additional document request about a month ago saying that some information is required from you about the medical exam and I need to report to the panel physician office (according to them the information was asked a while ago). However, when I went to the panel physician they said that all the medical exams are complete and nothing is required from my end. Panel physician also provided me a document saying that all the results are complete. I submitted the document provided by the panel physician on the online portal and still waiting to hear form IRCC. It has been a month since I submitted the ADR. Not sure what do to now. Any advice? Thank you.