+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical expired update

023aswin

Dec 23, 2019
Hi, did anyone received email from ircc regarding the medical is updated after remedical.
In my case, i have done upfront medical and my visa document status is still valid. Raised a webform and received a email after two weeks, that it has been forwarded to concerned department. After then no email and still visa is valid.
(Medical expiry: July 20, remedical: July 3)

k.a.

Apr 10, 2021
Hi, did anyone received email from ircc regarding the medical is updated after remedical.
In my case, i have done upfront medical and my visa document status is still valid. Raised a webform and received a email after two weeks, that it has been forwarded to concerned department. After then no email and still visa is valid.
(Medical expiry: July 20, remedical: July 3)
I am also in the same situation. My remedical is not updated and my counterfoil document is still valid.
It's not updated since 2 months.
Do you think I can travel?

Tommyspensee

Oct 14, 2020
I am also in the same situation. My remedical is not updated and my counterfoil document is still valid.
My doc still valid,and my med expired on July 16th,I redid it in July4th,still got no updates,my agent said I am okay to travel as long as my doc is valid but still not sure..

k.a.

Apr 10, 2021
"Proof of valid immigration medical examination results (e-medical sheet or IMM1017b form) that was issued within the past year, if you are coming from a designated country or territory."

---this is what my university listed in the required documents for immigration. So does this mean we are good to travel if we have the e-medical sheet (counterfoil also valid)???
Can someone please confirm?

023aswin

Dec 23, 2019
I'm having the same doubt for tavelling.. I don't know whether anyone has travelled...

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
"Proof of valid immigration medical examination results (e-medical sheet or IMM1017b form) that was issued within the past year, if you are coming from a designated country or territory."

---this is what my university listed in the required documents for immigration. So does this mean we are good to travel if we have the e-medical sheet (counterfoil also valid)???
Can someone please confirm?
I'm in the same boat, from what I understand, it shouldn't be a problem.

k.a.

Apr 10, 2021
I'm in the same boat, from what I understand, it shouldn't be a problem.
So u mean traveling without medical approval (with new medical results and valid counterfoil) won't be a problem??

Have you already traveled to Canada or are you going to? What will u do? Will u travel if ur medical doesn't get approved on gckey?

Reactions: Abbeynla

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
So u mean traveling without medical approval (with new medical results and valid counterfoil) won't be a problem??

Have you already traveled to Canada or are you going to? What will u do? Will u travel if ur medical doesn't get approved on gckey?
I just called CPC Ottawa office and the agent said, you can travel to Canada before the expiry date of the existing medical exam. Is your medical exam (the one you submitted with your application) already expired/reached the expiry date irrespective of what's the counterfoil status on GCKkey?

023aswin

Dec 23, 2019
I just called CPC Ottawa office and the agent said, you can travel to Canada before the expiry date of the existing medical exam. Is your medical exam (the one you submitted with your application) already expired/reached the expiry date irrespective of what's the counterfoil status on GCKkey?
For some, they did their upfront medical before the expiry date. So after the expiry date, the document status in Gc key is still valid. Raised webform after the remedical and after two weeks received an email from ircc that your documents are forwarded to the concerned department. So there is a question that our medical is updated or not. (No confirmation from ircc regarding update)

k.a.

Apr 10, 2021
Can u give me the number. I will try calling for my side

Reactions: Abbeynla

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Upfront Remedical: 3rd July
Old Medical last valid date : 11th July
Document status changed to invalid in GC key: 18th July
Document Status changed to valid in GC key : 28th July

From India

023aswin

Dec 23, 2019