+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical expired, travelling for second time as student

Mansarab12

Aug 26, 2021
Hello Guys, I have a question, if anyone can answer it will be appreciated.
I am on study permit right now and I got my visa in 2019, so obviously my medical is expired, so I will be traveling to Canada next month. Do I need to get my medical done again??

If Yes then what documents do I need and how to do the other process as well. As I have been on study permit for like 1.5 years now so I dont have any idea what documents were used for the first time. How do I reach to medical hospital and later on IRCC
Thank You

Sharma sanchi56

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hello Guys, I have a question, if anyone can answer it will be appreciated.
I am on study permit right now and I got my visa in 2019, so obviously my medical is expired, so I will be traveling to Canada next month. Do I need to get my medical done again??

If Yes then what documents do I need and how to do the other process as well. As I have been on study permit for like 1.5 years now so I dont have any idea what documents were used for the first time. How do I reach to medical hospital and later on IRCC
Thank You
Did you have remedical letter given by IRCC

Sharma sanchi56

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
No I didn't receive. I just saw tweets going around that everyone needs to get their medical done if it is expired whether they are students or are on work permit
Don't worry just go for upfront medical. And tell them about your situation..I was in same situation but I got letter from IRCC...for letter I raised webform.

Reactions: Mansarab12

Mansarab12

Aug 26, 2021
Don't worry just go for upfront medical. And tell them about your situation..I was in same situation but I got letter from IRCC...for letter I raised webform.
Thank you for replying.
So I just get medical done and approach IRCC with webform to tell them about my new medical UMI. ? And if this is the case then where all the updates will be given to me?

Sharma sanchi56

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Thank you for replying.
So I just get medical done and approach IRCC with webform to tell them about my new medical UMI. ? And if this is the case then where all the updates will be given to me?
Welcome... actually in my case I told IRCC about my remedical by raising webform but I didn't get any response and my counterfoil document is also valid so I traveled without any difficulty.

Mansarab12

Aug 26, 2021
Welcome... actually in my case I told IRCC about my remedical by raising webform but I didn't get any response and my counterfoil document is also valid so I traveled without any difficulty.
Oh Okay. Can you guide/advice me again what should I do in my case. That will be really helpful.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
No I didn't receive. I just saw tweets going around that everyone needs to get their medical done if it is expired whether they are students or are on work permit
How long have you been outside Canada for? If longer than 6 months, have you spent that time in a designated country?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes its been more than 6 months and I have been in my home country that is India only.
Then you definitely need to do upfront medicals. Once done, upload the e-medical sheet via webform (be sure to quote your UCI number). You should ideally wait for feedback from IRCC indicating that you have passed medicals before you travel.

Mansarab12

Aug 26, 2021
Then you definitely need to do upfront medicals. Once done, upload the e-medical sheet via webform (be sure to quote your UCI number). You should ideally wait for feedback from IRCC indicating that you have passed medicals before you travel.
Thank you so much, it is really helpful to have a clear answer.

Mansarab12

Aug 26, 2021
Hello thank you for helping. i am getting my medical done tomorrow. I just wanted to ask when I am about to apply in webform what should I enter in following fields in my case. :
Application number and UCI number

Thank you.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello thank you for helping. i am getting my medical done tomorrow. I just wanted to ask when I am about to apply in webform what should I enter in following fields in my case. :
Application number and UCI number

Thank you.
Same ones you used for your study permit application.