+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical expired after SP approval

student390

Nov 10, 2020
Hi all,

I got an email from IRCC saying I have to redo my medical exam because it has expired since it's been more than 12 months. I also had a status update in my gckey that said "your document is invalid". I went and redid my medicals but they haven't updated it yet and it's been almost a month. I am getting a little worried.

Has anyone been through this? How long did it take to get your document to be valid again and did you receive any email from IRCC?

MooseTapeSeason

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Can I call them even if my application was processed outside of Canada (Abu Dhabi)? I've tried sending 2 webforms but got no response.
You can request gcms notes from IRCC through this link https://canadawiz.ca/how-to-order-gcms-notes-from-canada-ircc/
IRCC is legally obliged to respond to gcms notes request. It will take atleast 30 days to get notes. More details in the link. Also there is a charge for getting notes. There are many other websites offering notes for varying fees. Govt fee is $5 actually

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi all,

I got an email from IRCC saying I have to redo my medical exam because it has expired since it's been more than 12 months. I also had a status update in my gckey that said "your document is invalid". I went and redid my medicals but they haven't updated it yet and it's been almost a month. I am getting a little worried.

Has anyone been through this? How long did it take to get your document to be valid again and did you receive any email from IRCC?
Hello Student390,

There is no need to worry if the panel physician confirmed that the medical report has been forwarded to IRCC.

IRCC is fond of such delay (negligence). In your next webform or email to them, if you haven't done it, attached the e-medical slip given to you.

Relax your mind, there were others in a similar situation in the past that all smiled gracefully.

Best of Luck