+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exams for non-accompanying children

UKConfused

Jul 8, 2021
Hi,
I have read several (some quite dated) threads in regards to the requirements for a medical exam for non-accompanying children. I am yet to put in my application for PR, which will be within the next month, and wanted to be certain that I had the correct information before I started.
I have two children (One - soon to be 18 and one 15 ) who live with my ex in the UK, per court appointed documentation. Acrimonious divorce, so I know if I ask for the children to get it, chances are he will say no.
I've read about waiving my right to sponsor them in future, and even though I wouldn't be happy with that outcome, I would have no choice.
My question is, has anyone recently gone through the same thing? How was the ex? Did it delay the PR application? If they did decide at a later date to come to Canada as a visitor or on a temp study or work visa, would this go against them (not having the medical)?
Any help you can give, would be appreciated as I am extremely confused and very anxious about this.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I have read several (some quite dated) threads in regards to the requirements for a medical exam for non-accompanying children. I am yet to put in my application for PR, which will be within the next month, and wanted to be certain that I had the correct information before I started.
I have two children (One - soon to be 18 and one 15 ) who live with my ex in the UK, per court appointed documentation. Acrimonious divorce, so I know if I ask for the children to get it, chances are he will say no.
I've read about waiving my right to sponsor them in future, and even though I wouldn't be happy with that outcome, I would have no choice.
My question is, has anyone recently gone through the same thing? How was the ex? Did it delay the PR application? If they did decide at a later date to come to Canada as a visitor or on a temp study or work visa, would this go against them (not having the medical)?
Any help you can give, would be appreciated as I am extremely confused and very anxious about this.
Thanks
Yes they need to do medicals. Expect IRCC to be very reluctant to move forward without them doing their medicals.

UKConfused

Jul 8, 2021
Yes they need to do medicals. Expect IRCC to be very reluctant to move forward without them doing their medicals.
Thank you canuck78 for responding.
If they don’t get them done and I waive my right to sponsor them in the future, do you know if it will put a black mark against their name. So if they decide in the future to come here to study or work , then would they be allowed? (On their own merit and points )