+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical exams expired

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
hello there can you help us for this, im from philippines and my dad is from canada and his petition for me is on process,, i have some questions about it and about my condition now,. i had my medical exams twice coz the first one got expired during the process then 4months before it expires the embassy had sent me again a form for evaluation and a medical form for the update then i had send it last august 2011, after that they ask me to send to them my original passport last november 2011, and until now im still waiting for my passport with my visa.. my question, is there a possibility that they will send back my passport without the visa and ask me to have medical again? or they will give it with a visa stamp there, and how much more months to wait for our visa coz im waiting for almost 9 months for this,. is there a cases like this that they will send back your passport just because of your expired medical exams or they will considered this because my dad had already paid for our landing fee and had receive his PR. only this august? pls help..

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
You mean the Visa office have you passport for :eek: :eek: :eek: 9months now ?
You sure they didn't ask for the Passport Biopage only and you sent the whole passport ?

what is the Visa office ?
If some how the Medical expired, they will ask you yo redo it, I don't think they will sent the passport back because the Medical expire.

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
Mez007 said:
You mean the Visa office have you passport for :eek: :eek: :eek: 9months now ?
You sure they didn't ask for the Passport Biopage only and you sent the whole passport ?

what is the Visa office ?
If some how the Medical expired, they will ask you yo redo it, I don't think they will sent the passport back because the Medical expire.
but our medical was already 14 months so it was expired already,why did embasy dont sent us a request 4 medical is it posible have medical 3x? yes they ask me send my origenal passport ,but til now it was already 9mos da passport stil wid them,

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
yajyaj said:
hello there can you help us for this, im from philippines and my dad is from canada and his petition for me is on process,, i have some questions about it and about my condition now,. i had my medical exams twice coz the first one got expired during the process then 4months before it expires the embassy had sent me again a form for evaluation and a medical form for the update then i had send it last august 2011, after that they ask me to send to them my original passport last november 2011, and until now im still waiting for my passport with my visa.. my question, is there a possibility that they will send back my passport without the visa and ask me to have medical again? or they will give it with a visa stamp there, and how much more months to wait for our visa coz im waiting for almost 9 months for this,. is there a cases like this that they will send back your passport just because of your expired medical exams or they will considered this because my dad had already paid for our landing fee and had receive his PR. only this august? pls help..

If the status is "in process", just wait. Do not worry about that passport. They have to send you for remedical because visas have effect until expiration of the medical only. They normally act on received documents within 3 months. You will have your passport with visa very soon if your recent medical has not expired; otherwise they will tell you again to go for medical.

What does the e-cas of your father say? I suppose you can also open it, because that is the way it should be.

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
yajyaj said:
but our medical was already 14 months so it was expired already,why did embasy dont sent us a request 4 medical is it posible have medical 3x? yes they ask me send my origenal passport ,but til now it was already 9mos da passport stil wid them,

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
yajyaj said:
If expired already, then they will send you another referral. Perhaps they do not foresee issuance of the visa anytime soon that is why they have not sent a new one. Common reason for this is ongoing background check wherein the offices concerned have not responded. They do not just rely on the police certificates we are submitting, although they can make decisions on that basis if the corresponding office has not responded for a long time. There are other background checks though which we are not informed. At this point in time where you know there is already substantial delay, it would be better if your sponsor follow-up the matter with CIC.

The problem is not with the CEM because they are just implementing what CIC tells them to do. The occurrence of a 3rd medical exam is not uncommon. Relatives of my wife who are in canada have complained about the same. Also, whether the passport will be submitted earlier or later depends on the visa officer. My passport has been with them for over a year already.

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
nester said:
If the status is "in process", just wait. Do not worry about that passport. They have to send you for remedical because visas have effect until expiration of the medical only. They normally act on received documents within 3 months. You will have your passport with visa very soon if your recent medical has not expired; otherwise they will tell you again to go for medical.

What does the e-cas of your father say? I suppose you can also open it, because that is the way it should be.
what does e-cas mean?, so if were ask for remedical for the 3rd time they will send back our passport without a visa?

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
yajyaj said:
what does e-cas mean?, so if were ask for remedical for the 3rd time they will send back our passport without a visa?
e-cas means electronic Client Application Status. You and sponsor have this. Find it at this link:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas

They will only return the passport with the visa, or when application is disapproved/denied. If they ask you to do another medical, it means there is no denial...they just want an extended validity date. Your 1st and second will show that you are not sick.

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
yajyaj said:

Nash13

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yajyaj try to email the CEM to follow up your file or ask your dad to call their MP to seek an assistance to follow up the status of your file:)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
In some cases, they can extend medicals for 1 more year before it expires without asking you to redo it. That's what they did in my case and may be it's the same for you. You can ask your DMP to check for you or apply for your GCMS notes(it should tell you).