+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination

Himavarsha Seshadri

Mar 1, 2019
Hi, My husband is primary applicant who had applied for WP Visa. I have filed application as his dependent. Everything was fine till we reached medical examination step. Only weeks before we received medical step, we got confirmation about my pregnancy. Now chest X-ray in order to diagnose TB was not recommended for pregnant woman. I would like to know if there's an alternative for an x-ray (like MRI) . We wish this is not an obstacle for us to move to canada which we are really hoping for.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, My husband is primary applicant who had applied for WP Visa. I have filed application as his dependent. Everything was fine till we reached medical examination step. Only weeks before we received medical step, we got confirmation about my pregnancy. Now chest X-ray in order to diagnose TB was not recommended for pregnant woman. I would like to know if there's an alternative for an x-ray (like MRI) . We wish this is not an obstacle for us to move to canada which we are really hoping for.
Unfortunately there is no alternative to the x-ray. The x-ray must be completed in order for your visa to be approved.

Reactions: andy.keeling

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It is not advisable to have the xray if you are in your first trem (0-3 months), although they can do a double shielding. You can probably go for the other tests and leave the xray until you are past the 1st trem