+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination... ?

Shabnam

Aug 28, 2008
I am going through the forms to sponsor my spouse who lives in Germany, and have noticed on this board that people refer to IMM 1017 Medical Examination form???? In the forms Im looking at there is no such thing, the medical examination is the Part C of Part 3 forms (Region specific). Am I missing something here? Besides when my husband contacted the DMP, he was told that he can not be examined before submitting the application for the immigration, he has to wait for a letter from Canadian Embassy in Germany and only then he can make an appointment.... The guideline clearly states that his medical report is required as part of the documents to be submitted together with the applications, any advice?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Shabnam said:
I am going through the forms to sponsor my spouse who lives in Germany, and have noticed on this board that people refer to IMM 1017 Medical Examination form???? In the forms Im looking at there is no such thing, the medical examination is the Part C of Part 3 forms (Region specific). Am I missing something here? Besides when my husband contacted the DMP, he was told that he can not be examined before submitting the application for the immigration, he has to wait for a letter from Canadian Embassy in Germany and only then he can make an appointment.... The guideline clearly states that his medical report is required as part of the documents to be submitted together with the applications, any advice?
The DMP who does the medical exam, has the IMM 1017 ECE for sponsored spouses. I hope that you explained that it is a spousal application to the DMP.

PMM

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
There are several ways to immigrate to Canada - the DMP may have experience with applicants applying under, for example, the Skilled Worker program and requirements for the medical may be different. You need to advise the DMP that you are applying under the Family Class/Spousal program and that the application instructions specifically instruct you to provide proof of the medical exam WITH the initial application. Take the form provided in your Region Specific Forms to the DMP when you have your exam. The DMP should fill out the IMM1017 and give you a copy to submit with your ap. Then the DMP sends the results of your exam to the Regional Medical Centre that works in conjunction with the visa office that will be processing your file, so be sure you're able to tell the DMP where your file will be processed.