+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical examination validity: Student visa

Adi@911

Nov 17, 2021
Hello everyone,

My upfront medicals were conducted on 24-Nov-2021, updated by IRCC as passed in 02-Feb-2022 in my first application and on 22-Sep-2022 in my second application.

In my understanding, this medical is scheduled to expire on 24-Nov-2022.

However, I have now received the Letter of Introduction aka Port of Entry letter which contains the medical examination validity date now mentioned as 14-Dec-2022.

Now the concern is, which date should I consider as actual. My flights are booked for 8-Dec-2022 for which the medical examination validity on Letter of Introduction suits perfectly, however if I go by the IME form received from the clinic, it is valid till 24-Nov-2022.

This is a situation for me where I cannot find any accurate answers about anything.

Also, in my GCMS notes which I had asked for post refusal of my previous application, the medical examination validity is mentioned as 15-Dec-2022 (processed at New Delhi).

I urge all the experts to please help in this situation as tension is mounting and no much time is left considering the delays by IRCC to update anything.

Should I go for upfront medicals ignoring the medical validity on Port of Entry letter or should follow the date mentioned on PoE letter?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

My upfront medicals were conducted on 24-Nov-2021, updated by IRCC as passed in 02-Feb-2022 in my first application and on 22-Sep-2022 in my second application.

In my understanding, this medical is scheduled to expire on 24-Nov-2022.

However, I have now received the Letter of Introduction aka Port of Entry letter which contains the medical examination validity date now mentioned as 14-Dec-2022.

Now the concern is, which date should I consider as actual. My flights are booked for 8-Dec-2022 for which the medical examination validity on Letter of Introduction suits perfectly, however if I go by the IME form received from the clinic, it is valid till 24-Nov-2022.

This is a situation for me where I cannot find any accurate answers about anything.

Also, in my GCMS notes which I had asked for post refusal of my previous application, the medical examination validity is mentioned as 15-Dec-2022 (processed at New Delhi).

I urge all the experts to please help in this situation as tension is mounting and no much time is left considering the delays by IRCC to update anything.

Should I go for upfront medicals ignoring the medical validity on Port of Entry letter or should follow the date mentioned on PoE letter?
Your medical validity start from the date your medical exam was uploaded by your physician, not from the day you did your medical. Usually, a week or two depending on backlog at the clinic. That is why you are confused with the two dates. Your Dec 15 Validity is correct. from my experience, I had my medical done on April 10 but my validity was April 23 and NOT April 10. There are days for your physician or clinic to receive all your tests, review and finalize reports. It doesnt happen exact same day. Hope this answer your question...

Reactions: Adi@911

Adi@911

Nov 17, 2021
Your medical validity start from the date your medical exam was uploaded by your physician, not from the day you did your medical. Usually, a week or two depending on backlog at the clinic. That is why you are confused with the two dates. Your Dec 15 Validity is correct. from my experience, I had my medical done on April 10 but my validity was April 23 and NOT April 10. There are days for your physician or clinic to receive all your tests, review and finalize reports. It doesnt happen exact same day. Hope this answer your question...

Thank you @Simba112 this clarification brings some respite.