+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination Type for OWP

NP2018

Jan 9, 2018
Hello, I had already applied for a visitor visa in Dec 2017 (which got refused) and have a medical examination report with "IME - Non IDE & Upfront Medical Type - Visitor".

I would like to know if the same medical report can be used for my OWP application.

sukhp2307

Nov 11, 2019
Hi Guys!

Please direct me through. For SOWP, is it important to link you UMI and IME number? I had provided my upfront medical and cic sends me another medical request with 1017E form. Its an online application!

I read on CIC website that if we do not provide upfront medical exam then they ask/send instruction for IMM 1017E form medical exam!

Not sure what it means??!!! Can anyone put some light on this?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys!

Please direct me through. For SOWP, is it important to link you UMI and IME number? I had provided my upfront medical and cic sends me another medical request with 1017E form. Its an online application!

I read on CIC website that if we do not provide upfront medical exam then they ask/send instruction for IMM 1017E form medical exam!

Not sure what it means??!!! Can anyone put some light on this?
Just respond with your completed medical.

sukhp2307

Nov 11, 2019
I checked with my penal doctor and they say my medical can't be done again as it is under 12 months.

My medical was done on Aug 2019.

I lodged my application in Oct.

Is it better to get the medical done again with the different penal doctor?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I checked with my penal doctor and they say my medical can't be done again as it is under 12 months.

My medical was done on Aug 2019.

I lodged my application in Oct.

Is it better to get the medical done again with the different penal doctor?
You don't need another medical. As I said, respond to the medical request with proof of the medical you have already done.

Reactions: sukhp2307