+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical examination: to do now/ wait to receive an indication from CIC?

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Hi Fellow applicants,

I’m an inland EE-SW under PNP applicant and submitted my application with a booking reference as a confirmation of my medical examination (to be done after two weeks). After receiving AOR, my profile indicates “You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.”

Should I still go ahead with my current booking and complete the medical examination (upfront) or wait until CIC send me the relevant form and asks me to do so?

Your advice in this regard is appreciated.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is simply standard wording, you will not get any form from IRCC.

Do your medical and raise a CSE to submit your e-medical sheet.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Thanks a lot @DelPiero07. I was indicated by some people that sometimes upfront medicals expire before applications are processed and individuals have had to repeat the exam. When there is a number of dependents in your application, it costs a bit for medicals. That was my concern. But, I prefer to go ahead with the booked appointment.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot @DelPiero07. I was indicated by some people that sometimes upfront medicals expire before applications are processed and individuals have had to repeat the exam. When there is a number of dependents in your application, it costs a bit for medicals. That was my concern. But, I prefer to go ahead with the booked appointment.
If anything your concern should have been submitting your medicals along with your eAPR and not after.

At this point the situation is not of what you "prefer" to do but rather what you "must" so that your application isn't cancelled for being incomplete.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
If anything your concern should have been submitting your medicals along with your eAPR and not after.

At this point the situation is not of what you "prefer" to do but rather what you "must" so that your application isn't cancelled for being incomplete.
You are absolutely right. By submitting the "reservation confirmation" in the space allocated to upload the proof of medical examination, I obliged to complete the examination and provide the receipt. What confused me is the so-called standard wordings in my profile (“You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.”)

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
You are absolutely right. By submitting the "reservation confirmation" in the space allocated to upload the proof of medical examination, I obliged to complete the examination and provide the receipt. What confused me is the so-called standard wordings in my profile (“You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.”)
As @DelPiero07 said, medical exams are required upfront for EE application, and that status is just standard wordings after you submit your eAPR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Thanks a lot. I am still confused that the way I submitted could make my application rejected. Because, the link that you provided indicates that IRCC may reject any application that is “incomplete”. I will undergo the medical examination in 3 more days and will be uploading my medical receipt.

Do you think that my application would be alright?

Reactions: iamxty

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks a lot. I am still confused that the way I submitted could make my application rejected. Because, the link that you provided indicates that IRCC may reject any application that is “incomplete”. I will undergo the medical examination in 3 more days and will be uploading my medical receipt.

Do you think that my application would be alright?
What is your stream? As per last year’s trend, medicals for FSW-O are cleared in 10-20 days. I suggest you upload the eMedical Sheet as soon as you get it. Good luck :)

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
What is your stream? As per last year’s trend, medicals for FSW-O are cleared in 10-20 days. I suggest you upload the eMedical Sheet as soon as you get it. Good luck :)
FSW-inland. Now they are clearing medicals for January first week AOR-holders. Therefore, for an officer to open my file, it takes at least 12-14 days. Before that, I can submit. However, what is the quickest way for me to submit the eMedical sheet; because, I am no longer able to access my EE profile to upload it.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW-inland. Now they are clearing medicals for January first week AOR-holders. Therefore, for an officer to open my file, it takes at least 12-14 days. Before that, I can submit. However, what is the quickest way for me to submit the eMedical sheet; because, I am no longer able to access my EE profile to upload it.
That's been addressed already in this thread, you have to raise a CSE to add the e-medical sheet to your application.

Reactions: uma1982suthan

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
That's been addressed already in this thread, you have to raise a CSE to add the e-medical sheet to your application.
Yes. You did. Thanks @DelPiero07. In the cover letter, do you suggest me to admit my fault and convey my apologies or it could be drafted more formally with just the reference number from eMedical document from the physician and just upload the scanned document?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. You did. Thanks @DelPiero07. In the cover letter, do you suggest me to admit my fault and convey my apologies or it could be drafted more formally with just the reference number from eMedical document from the physician and just upload the scanned document?
Yes, if I were in your position I would address the confusion in a letter and attach it along with the e-medical sheet.

Reactions: uma1982suthan

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Thanks @DelPiero07. I would do the same, then. Keep you posted about my progress. Thanks.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Yes, if I were in your position I would address the confusion in a letter and attach it along with the e-medical sheet.
Hi,

We consulted the physician today and received the e-Medical information sheet, that could be uploaded to CIC soon.

However, when the x-ray was taken, my wife was diagnosed with an abnormality. And the hospital that we went, requested to approach emergency to check if it is serious. Additional blood samples were taken for other analyses as well (only from my wife). After checking with the surgeon, they could not conclude anything yet. But, they want us to come tomorrow for another x-ray to follow up the condition.

Now, what my brief question is, whether I should explain these stuff to CIC or just to upload the e-Medical information sheet from the immigration physician into CSE?

Thanks for your advice.

ch671

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
If our medical exam is scheduled a few days after eAPR submission is due, how to we manage this? As in, what to upload in the "Medical exam" section of the upload page? A letter of explanation saying the exam is scheduled? Proof for the same?