+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination Results - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

AWS2020

Oct 6, 2020
Hi,
We have filed an application under the outland spousal sponsorship for my husband. He has received a medical exam request through e-mail and got it done with a panel physician. Are we supposed to upload it to the online account (Under View submitted application or upload documents) or is it sufficient that the panel physician submits the health exam results to IRCC? Appreciate your reply.

Note: We have received - sponsorship approval, biometrics request, and medical exam request on the same day through e-mails. We have also linked the application to the online account on the same day after receiving these e-mails. The medical exam section in the online account states -
  • We have requested a medical exam. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Thank you in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
We have filed an application under the outland spousal sponsorship for my husband. He has received a medical exam request through e-mail and got it done with a panel physician. Are we supposed to upload it to the online account (Under View submitted application or upload documents) or is it sufficient that the panel physician submits the health exam results to IRCC? Appreciate your reply.
You don't need to do anything, just keep your receipt in case. It'll update before too long - it's pretty rare that there are errors in doing so.

Note that the medical clearance won't be needed for admissibility/final approval until quite a bit later in the process, so delays in updating the medical status at early stage are not worth obsessing about.

Reactions: AWS2020

AWS2020

Oct 6, 2020
You don't need to do anything, just keep your receipt in case. It'll update before too long - it's pretty rare that there are errors in doing so.

Note that the medical clearance won't be needed for admissibility/final approval until quite a bit later in the process, so delays in updating the medical status at early stage are not worth obsessing about.
Thank you for your response.

AWS2020

Oct 6, 2020
Hi,
We are filing under the Outland Spousal Sponsorship category.
My spouse's medicals were done on April 15th, 2021 and the Physician confirmed the results have been transmitted to IRCC on April 18th.
Today (May 09th) the status in the GC Key is -
  • We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details
Earlier the GC Key message was - we have sent you a message to complete medicals.
Will it take time to update the status or how could we follow up?

Thanks for your response.

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
  • We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details
I don't have an answer for you, but we're in the same situation - PA did the Medical on April 16th, and the status message has now updated to the "did not receive" version in GC Key.

Out of curiosity, what date did you receive the "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)" request? Ours came on April 9th, 2021.

I wonder if the status just automatically updates to "did not receive" after 30 days?

Reactions: AWS2020

AWS2020

Oct 6, 2020
I don't have an answer for you, but we're in the same situation - PA did the Medical on April 16th, and the status message has now updated to the "did not receive" version in GC Key.

Out of curiosity, what date did you receive the "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)" request? Ours came on April 9th, 2021.

I wonder if the status just automatically updates to "did not receive" after 30 days?
You might be right. We too have received the medical request (IMM1017) on April 9th, 2021.
I filled the webform seeking confirmation. Will have to watch if they’d respond.
Thanks!

Reactions: cjr

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That is my guess, it's just automatic. If you want to try sending them the medical receipt through webform, can't hurt. But my guess is medical officers are just low in number and have lots of issues at this point.

AWS2020

Oct 6, 2020
You might be right. We too have received the medical request (IMM1017) on April 9th, 2021.
I filled the web form seeking confirmation. Will have to watch if they’d respond.
Thanks!
JFYI., IRCC replied to the web form request confirming the receipt of the documents.

Reactions: armoured

Mimansa02

Jan 15, 2021
Hi,
We are filing under the Outland Spousal Sponsorship category.
My spouse's medicals were done on April 15th, 2021 and the Physician confirmed the results have been transmitted to IRCC on April 18th.
Earlier the GC Key message was - we have sent you a message to complete medicals.
Will it take time to update the status or how could we follow up?

Thanks for your response.
Hi, I am also in the same scenario. The medical status changed to "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details". Can you guys confirm if this changed for you since it has been a month?