+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical examination request and passport request arrived the same time

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You know, technically you don't need your passport for the ME. Other ID government issued ID is also acceptable.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
hkong@international.gc.ca

I would go to a different DMP, use the normal forms, write my file number etc on it, do the medical, then submit the receipt with my passport.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
rjessome said:
You know, technically you don't need your passport for the ME. Other ID government issued ID is also acceptable.
Oh is that right? Could you please point me to the official docs with this statement so I can point it out to the medical cetre receptionest? Thanks a lot.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
pinklady said:
hkong @ international.gc.ca

I would go to a different DMP, use the normal forms, write my file number etc on it, do the medical, then submit the receipt with my passport.
I've tried diffferent DMP's but they said they need the forms because there is a "barcode" on it. I think this barcode must have something to do with the medical system # which I did not receive.

ramanprince

Feb 2, 2011
wincome said:
Hi everyone. I have the subject question. They both arrived in the same envelop but on separate letters. One states that a new ME should be done in 45 days of this letter, and the other one states that passport should be submitted in 45 days for stamps. I'm confused because shouldn't the passport be requested only AFTER the ME has completed? Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I submit the passport as requested right away or hold it off until the ME is done? What if I mail the visa but later am required to take a ME(ME centre requires original passports)?

Please note that we did take a ME while visiting in Canada in 2010 ( I think the visa officer is aware of this ME), and take another ME earlier this year for a new visitor visa application(which I'm not sure if the visa officer is aware of or not). Should I advise the officer that a ME was done earlier this year?

Thank you very much for your kind advice.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
wincome said:
I've tried diffferent DMP's but they said they need the forms because there is a "barcode" on it. I think this barcode must have something to do with the medical system # which I did not receive.
When you call the DMP, are you telling them its a re medical?
There are phone numbers for the HK VO, I assume you have tried calling them?

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
ramanprince said:
hi
yes u have to do medical then send passport, pcc too.
So I should hold the passports off until receive the resent medical forms despite the deadline for submitting passports won't be met? And sorry what's PCC? tHANKS.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
pinklady said:
When you call the DMP, are you telling them its a re medical?
There are phone numbers for the HK VO, I assume you have tried calling them?
I only called the number found on their website. The lady answering the call advised me that it's not the VO, but the general receptionist. She then played a voice recording which clearly states that no phone or email inquiries will be answered. Could you please let me know the numbers you have? Thank you.

Oh yes when I called those DMPs I told then it's a redo. But they said since redo has a different medical system # than the # used in visistor visa appication, I should provide them with the new number so the report can be associated with my immigration case at the RMO.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
So to sum up, now the situation is:

- I need to submit the passports before Oct 10.
-I might need to re medical which needs the passports.
- I didn't received the medical forms so I cannot take the medical now, and probably won't even be able to before Oct 10.

What should I do then...

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Telephone General (011 852) 3719 4700
Telephone Commercial Main (011 852) 2847 7414

Here are the 2 numbers I found.

In your situation, I would get a medical done, pretend its the first time if necessary, then send of passport with the medical receipt and include file number etc so it can be matched up.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3903e.pdf

Take photo copies of your passport before you send it off.
Either way, I would send my passport off before the 10 Oct.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
pinklady said:
Telephone General (011 852) 3719 4700
Telephone Commercial Main (011 852) 2847 7414

Here are the 2 numbers I found.

In your situation, I would get a medical done, pretend its the first time if necessary, then send of passport with the medical receipt and include file number etc so it can be matched up.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3903e.pdf

Take photo copies of your passport before you send it off.
Either way, I would send my passport off before the 10 Oct.
Thanks a lot Pinklady.

yunusee

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
pinklady said:
hkong @ international.gc.ca

In which address the passport should send. Is it in canadian high commission of the country of the applicant or in Visa office.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
yunusee said:
In which address the passport should send. Is it in canadian high commission of the country of the applicant or in Visa office.
It is required to be sent to HK VO