+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical examination request and passport request arrived the same time

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
Hi everyone. I have the subject question. They both arrived in the same envelop but on separate letters. One states that a new ME should be done in 45 days of this letter, and the other one states that passport should be submitted in 45 days for stamps. I'm confused because shouldn't the passport be requested only AFTER the ME has completed? Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I submit the passport as requested right away or hold it off until the ME is done? What if I mail the visa but later am required to take a ME(ME centre requires original passports)?

Please note that we did take a ME while visiting in Canada in 2010 ( I think the visa officer is aware of this ME), and take another ME earlier this year for a new visitor visa application(which I'm not sure if the visa officer is aware of or not). Should I advise the officer that a ME was done earlier this year?

Thank you very much for your kind advice.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Since you cannot do the ME without the passport, do the ME and then submit the passport with the proof of ME. Simple.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
submit PP along with your medical receipt its convenient that way this way you know for sure they are in receipt of both your passport and proof that u did medicals

Medicals done under other programs are not the "same" even if its the same examinations so just do a new medical as requested and send the receipt along with your passport I believe u need ur passport when u go for a redo as proof of travel document

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
What made things more complicated was, the ME forms did not come with this letter received, they were send prior to this letter, and were never received ( must have been lost). I would take another 10's of days for the officer to note this and resend another set of forms but by that time ,the deadline for the submission of passports would have been passed...

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
It doesn't matter if you didn't get the re-do forms. The only difference between those and the regular forms is they would already have your names and file numbers. Go and do the medical, and get your proof copies, and submit them with the passports. They will still be able to match up the results as long as you send the receipts.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
But the medical centre insisted that they need my new "medical system #" in order to do the exam. Since this # might have come with the forms which went missing, they refused to use my FN to do the exam until I get at least this # from the VO...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlieD10 said:
It doesn't matter if you didn't get the re-do forms. The only difference between those and the regular forms is they would already have your names and file numbers. Go and do the medical, and get your proof copies, and submit them with the passports. They will still be able to match up the results as long as you send the receipts.
For these medical requests, the OP will not get any proof copies. The DMP will submit the medical to the appropriate RMO and the visa office will be notified once the RMO has entered the information. All the OP will have are payment receipts for the medical. Gets confusing, eh?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wincome said:
But the medical centre insisted that they need my new "medical system #" in order to do the exam. Since this # might have come with the forms which went missing, they refused to use my FN to do the exam until I get at least this # from the VO...
Went missing? You lost the ME request you just received?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Call the VO and ask for the medical system number?

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
rjessome said:
For these medical requests, the OP will not get any proof copies. The DMP will submit the medical to the appropriate RMO and the visa office will be notified once the RMO has entered the information. All the OP will have are payment receipts for the medical. Gets confusing, eh?
Exactly. That's what I was told and therefore FN can't be used unless there's a medical system # associated with this FN. That's why they ask me to get the medical system # anyway to get the exam done.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
rjessome said:
Went missing? You lost the ME request you just received?
The forms were sent in a separate mail which was lot I believe. The ME request I received doesn't have all the forms and the medical system number. It only notifies me that the forms had been sent prior to this letter.

wincome

Sep 29, 2011
pinklady said:
Call the VO and ask for the medical system number?
Unfortunately the VO doesn't accept any phone /email inquires. That's why I'm so concerned about the deadline for the passports....

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Which VO?
Try calling Mississauga?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wincome said:
Unfortunately the VO doesn't accept any phone /email inquires. That's why I'm so concerned about the deadline for the passports....
Send a fax and mark it URGENT.