+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination (IMM 1017 / eMedical) Ukraine

eviltofu

Feb 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All!

My wife just completed the medical examination (we are getting the application for sponsorship together).
She went to a CIC Certified Panel Physician, and completed the full medical, and received a form like this:

(updated to include the picture)
(Thanks to TTL for a similar form, as I don't have a copy of it yet)

The issue is, it is NOT stamped anywhere that it is the IMM1017 Form.
Is this what they are looking for when I submit my application?

Thanks a million! I can't seem to find ANY proper resources on this. Maybe I am misinterpreting this.
Could someone please clarify that I am indeed having the correct form, and this is what she needs?

Also, when it is said "Copy one of Proof of medical examination", what does "Copy 1 of..." mean?
Does that mean that they want the original + copy?

Please let me know!
Thank you and very warm regards!

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Firstly,where did she do the medical examination?I meant which city?Because,we only have two places recognized where you can do your medical examination.

eviltofu

Feb 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello and thank you for your quick reply!

I did do it at a certified panel physician:
Kiev

Thanks!

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Then you should be fine...Saw one similar one on TTL page nw...If yours looks like that there is no problem.

eviltofu

Feb 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much! I was pulling my hair out worried :)
This is also some information I found:

If the Panel Physician is e-medical enabled, they don't use IMM 1017 anyway - you will just get your IME #. They only use the paper form now when they are submitting via paper (and you get a copy of the IMM 1017 to submit - it's the unique serial number that matters here for matching up your medical results with your immigration file.)
and

For spousal sponsored applications, you should do the immigration medical up front, though some offices ask you to wait so always follow the office's rules. When you do an up front physical, you either get a receipt with the IME number (for e-medical equipped panel physicians) or you get the IMM 1017 form the doctor's office completes for you (for those still using the paper process).

If you do not do an up front medical, CIC will send you an IMM 1017 form for you to take to the doctor; these days they seem to send a copy of the form as the critical bit is the unique serial number on the form.
From the RoadToCanada Forums.

Thank you very much for your help MANOFGOD!

PS: Also, that's what I gathered from this guide:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

They go into detail about two processes. The eMedical does not give out the IMM1017 form.
I hope this helps anyone that is having the same question!

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
I found things are a bit uncoordinated/disjointed with some of the forms/processes. When CIC updated process for e-medical, communication to the medical clinics and public seemed slack - we had to go through so much cause the clinic messed up, didn't print the receipt form, wasn't aware of the most recent process; Ottawa and Manila and Sydney all got involved to retrieve the reference numbers and get it back to us, and still the CIC forms say to send the IMM xxxx form - when really, the receipt we saw an image of is OK (per the CIC call center and this forum)

!
I'm glad you got it sorted out !