+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination. Do I bring anything with me?

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
I know I am suppose to contact these Panel Physicians but when I call to book a date with them, they tell me I need some kind of a document from the Embassy.

I read online that all you need is a copy of the passport, and 8 pictures of myself.

Where is this sheet I am suppose to bring with me? And do I need a letter from the Embassy to get a date with a Physician?

Thank you in Advance guys.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
SpouseVisa said:
I know I am suppose to contact these Panel Physicians but when I call to book a date with them, they tell me I need some kind of a document from the Embassy.

I read online that all you need is a copy of the passport, and 8 pictures of myself.

Where is this sheet I am suppose to bring with me? And do I need a letter from the Embassy to get a date with a Physician?

Thank you in Advance guys.
No you need not to carry any document other than the passport size photographs ( six nos) and original passport along with the photocopies of front and last pages of PP. and appendix D for each person included in application.

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
waitingsince2004 said:
No you need not to carry any document other than the passport size photographs ( six nos) and original passport along with the photocopies of front and last pages of PP. and appendix D for each person included in application.

Thank you but where do I get this Appendix D at?

So passport front of my passport as in the cover of the passport? black and white or color? Last page as in the last page + the cover of the back correct?

Thank you so much!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all

I thought Appendix C is the one we must take to the doctor. This Appendix C is attached in the country specific Form West Europe[IMM 3901]
Has this been changed.
I will appreciate your input in this

Thanks
messenger

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
With new rule changes last November, Appendix C is no longer required to bring.

Many doctors or their secretaries who are giving you info, may not be familiar with new rules yet. So am not surprised is lots of confusion.

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob471.asp

With the release of the new GCMS 4.0, it should be noted that all previous versions of the IMM 1017 form as well as the Appendix C will no longer to be used. With this release, there will be two newly-revised IMM 1017 forms:
IMM 1017: Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (not available on our website as it will be GCMS-generated along with medical instructions)
IMM 1017B: Upfront Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (not available on our website as panel physicians will have these forms in their office. With the implementation of the new IMM 1017B, Appendix C will no longer be required)

SpouseVisa

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Rob_TO said:
With new rule changes last November, Appendix C is no longer required to bring.

Many doctors or their secretaries who are giving you info, may not be familiar with new rules yet. So am not surprised is lots of confusion.

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob471.asp

With the release of the new GCMS 4.0, it should be noted that all previous versions of the IMM 1017 form as well as the Appendix C will no longer to be used. With this release, there will be two newly-revised IMM 1017 forms:
IMM 1017: Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (not available on our website as it will be GCMS-generated along with medical instructions)
IMM 1017B: Upfront Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (not available on our website as panel physicians will have these forms in their office. With the implementation of the new IMM 1017B, Appendix C will no longer be required)
Okay so just passport and photos nothing else? If you are being sponsored by husband/wife correct?

Ruine

Jan 11, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M / CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
i also spoke one of the staff and i asked what will be the requirements i need to bring.
my original passport
copy of my passport
# of photo ID
fees
and they still include Appendix C form...

reservoirdog

Star Member
Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just booked today too, and I was told to bring 4 passport photos and my passport. After the exam they'll send the results to the CIC and give me a copy of IMM 1017 to attach to my application

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Ruine said:
i also spoke one of the staff and i asked what will be the requirements i need to bring.
my original passport
copy of my passport
# of photo ID
fees
and they still include Appendix C form...
...New system and procedures for medical Examinations are now in place for some time but staff with some Panel Physicians may still be unaware of the complete and changed requirements.

D_K

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
are these seperate from the 8 pics we send with our app

do the app pics have to be the same as medical pics?