+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination and Recreational Drug Use.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hey there,

I've just received my ITA, (good luck to everyone who missed it so far), and am looking into booking the required medical examination.

This is a bit of a sensitive issue, but I figured I'd check those of you that have a bit more experience than me.

Now, while my general health shouldn't be an issue, I've recently started using testosterone enanthate for personal use.

I know that medical exam does usually not include drug tests per-se, and similar to marijuana personal use of drugs shouldn't be an issue as long
as the rest of your health falls in the government guidelines.

Frankly, my question is if a physician would indicate if illegal substances were traceable in someones body.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/does-a-canadian-immigration-medical-exam-include-drug-testing-t86263.0.html

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
So, no testing for drugs unless anything indicates substance abuse.

Thanks for the help, I should've done more research.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I'll preface this by saying I'm not in the medical field, but I'm not sure a blood test will show the use.

Looking at my medical report they emailed me, it looks like they only really tested for HIV and Syphilis. I can't see them testing for steroids, and I can't see the doctor indicating it. However, I was asked by the doctor about any medications - prescribed or otherwise - I take.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
I contacted two physicians and received two replies.

A: Anything that I'd declare would have to be represented in the report.

B: It should "not affect my medical".

I suppose if they aren't really looking for recreational drug use in general, such as cocaine, weed, etc., the legal possession for personal of a drug should be fine too.

It's just that there isn't any real info on the matter.