+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam

Jbird

Feb 23, 2019
I am sponsoring my partner for an inland immigration. He received an email stating he would have his medical exam.
Also that he would be offered a non mandatory covid shot .
Because it's not mandatory could his refusal impact his immigration.
Please just looking for knowledgeable advice not a debate .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am sponsoring my partner for an inland immigration. He received an email stating he would have his medical exam.
Also that he would be offered a non mandatory covid shot .
Because it's not mandatory could his refusal impact his immigration.
Please just looking for knowledgeable advice not a debate .
Its non mandatory. So obviously there would be no impact.

Jbird

Feb 23, 2019
We've just heard this from the medical doctor..
" I am writing concerning your covid vaccination status although it is not mandatory for us to provide it in the clinic, they do require a reason as to why you are not vaccinated. There choices are patient refuses or patient has medical expemption. I would STRONGLY suggest you get your vaccination asap as I don't think either of those choices looks very good on the application, but that is just my personal opinion. Let me know which option fits your situation or if you have an appointment to get your vaccine.
My common law partner does not want it but it sounds like we may be refused if he doesn't.
Who can answer this question for me? Can I contact someone who would know in immigration?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We've just heard this from the medical doctor..
" I am writing concerning your covid vaccination status although it is not mandatory for us to provide it in the clinic, they do require a reason as to why you are not vaccinated. There choices are patient refuses or patient has medical expemption. I would STRONGLY suggest you get your vaccination asap as I don't think either of those choices looks very good on the application, but that is just my personal opinion. Let me know which option fits your situation or if you have an appointment to get your vaccine.
My common law partner does not want it but it sounds like we may be refused if he doesn't.
Who can answer this question for me? Can I contact someone who would know in immigration?
If your common law partner doesn't want to take the vaccine then the right answer is "patient refuses".

If you want advice on this you'll need to hire an immigration lawyer.

The only government immigration contact available is the IRCC help desk. However they are useless for all but the most basic questions. So I wouldn't trust what they say and you'll be wasting your time calling them with this question.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I would STRONGLY suggest you get your vaccination asap as I don't think either of those choices looks very good on the application, but that is just my personal opinion.
SInce you applied inland, that's a doctor in Canada?

I though the government is strongly recommanding vaccination but it's still the choice of the patient. This sounds like they are forcing it down.

I do not have an answer for you.

Reactions: Jbird

Jbird

Feb 23, 2019
SInce you applied inland, that's a doctor in Canada?

I though the government is strongly recommanding vaccination but it's still the choice of the patient. This sounds like they are forcing it down.

I do not have an answer for you.
Yes this is a Canadian doctor . If it's not mandatory he cannot be refused on this basis I understand.

Jbird

Feb 23, 2019
If your common law partner doesn't want to take the vaccine then the right answer is "patient refuses".

If you want advice on this you'll need to hire an immigration lawyer.

The only government immigration contact available is the IRCC help desk. However they are useless for all but the most basic questions. So I wouldn't trust what they say and you'll be wasting your time calling them with this question.
Thank you