+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam

sadiewilson

Feb 19, 2021
I just received and ITA for CEC. I have to take an upfront medical exam. I have 90 days to complete my PR application. I understand the medical results are valid for 12 months. Can I take the medical exam towards the end of the 90 days?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I just received and ITA for CEC. I have to take an upfront medical exam. I have 90 days to complete my PR application. I understand the medical results are valid for 12 months. Can I take the medical exam towards the end of the 90 days?
Yes. It’s recommended to take the medical exam right before you submit your application so as to prolong the validity of the COPR when issued.

sadiewilson

Feb 19, 2021
Thank you! People have been telling me different things. Some people say that I should get it done straight away, and others have said that I should wait until I’m ready to submit my application (as long as it’s before 90 days).

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you! People have been telling me different things. Some people say that I should get it done straight away, and others have said that I should wait until I’m ready to submit my application (as long as it’s before 90 days).
Your COPR expiry is tied to your medical validity (which is one year after IRCC receives the medical report from the panel physician) so it’s better to do it last, just before you submit your application.

sadiewilson

Feb 19, 2021
Your COPR expiry is tied to your medical validity (which is one year after IRCC receives the medical report from the panel physician) so it’s better to do it last, just before you submit your application.
Thank you. I have another question. I understand that sometimes it takes a while for IRCC to receive the medical report from the physician. Do they have to receive it before the 90 days is up? Or does it not matter when they receive it? As long as my IMM form and application is submitted before the 90 days.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you. I have another question. I understand that sometimes it takes a while for IRCC to receive the medical report from the physician. Do they have to receive it before the 90 days is up? Or does it not matter when they receive it? As long as my IMM form and application is submitted before the 90 days.
The standard is for the panel physician to send the results within 10 business days to IRCC. No requirement for them to send it within your application timeframe — 90 days.If there are delays, it’s not your fault. Your only responsibility is to attach the IMM form in your application.

sadiewilson

Feb 19, 2021
The standard is for the panel physician to send the results within 10 business days to IRCC. No requirement for them to send it within your application timeframe — 90 days.If there are delays, it’s not your fault. Your only responsibility is to attach the IMM form in your application.
Great! Thank you!

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi,

How do we know that the hospital uploaded the results to IRCC or not? Do we get any conformation when they upload the results? We completed the medical last week but nothing mentioned in the GCKey account and not sure whether the hospital sent the results to ircc or not. Please reply.