+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I had an upfront medical exam done last week. The panel physician did not give me an emedical sheet after the appt. He told me that they do not give those out anymore but I would receive an email in 5-10 days from Canada showing I completed the medical exam. Is this true? My only fear is that I’m applying for my work permit at POE so I do not have an existing file number to reference to. I think I had to list my email address on a form while I was there but I don’t remember exactly. How will they know how to contact me with medical exam status?

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I had an upfront medical exam done last week. The panel physician did not give me an emedical sheet after the appt. He told me that they do not give those out anymore but I would receive an email in 5-10 days from Canada showing I completed the medical exam. Is this true? My only fear is that I’m applying for my work permit at POE so I do not have an existing file number to reference to. I think I had to list my email address on a form while I was there but I don’t remember exactly. How will they know how to contact me with medical exam status?
They will most likely contact you by e-mail or telephone, that's assuming that you actually gave them those as your contact details when filling out the form, which you probably did. If they don't reach out to you within 5-10 days, you should endeavour to contact the hospital/clinic by their official email or telephone number asking them to send you the results of your medical exam. That can serve as proof that you actually completed the exam and you can include that in your application for your work permit at POE.

Reactions: Kb1990